Region D Brackets

swva_havok_fan

10 hours ago, BigWinners said:

There have been a LOT of great, well-respected coaches in SWVA history, I dunno if any coach could claim that honor solely. But I echo those sentiments, I hope all five SWVA teams advance and keep rolling. I'm hoping at worst three move on. 

notgonnadoit.jpg

Won't pull for Central under any circumstances.  They didn't pull for us two years ago, so... go Martinsville!  Lol

11 hours ago, #BBN said:

Robin Dotson is probably the most well respected head coach in SWVA history and very well deserved. To take the teams he has had and to constantly win and be in post season play and chances to win state titles speaks for himself. This years team has probably required the most coaching and they are playing in the state tournament. His records shows what kind of coach he is. Nothing but well wishes for the Central Warriors and Eastside Spartans this weekend!!!!

His brother was a pretty good coach as well...

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

notgonnadoit.jpg

Won't pull for Central under any circumstances.  They didn't pull for us two years ago, so... go Martinsville!  Lol

It's sad that a fan base would make someone stoop to that:( I saw the pics on Facebook of the RV parents flipping off the Central girls after the jv championship last week and was reminded that there's scum in all fan bases. Having said that,I always pull for the kids in our area. They can't help that their so-called adult peeps are idiots.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

notgonnadoit.jpg

Shows immaturity on both sides. Great role models are abundant aren't they. My daughter grads from Wise but I pull for Ridgeview, Burton, Union, Eastside ,etc..Good people and hard working athletes in each school. 

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

notgonnadoit.jpg

It is sad that there is such an intense hatred among some fans from both sides. I will say that two years ago, Ridgeview was playing Union in the State Championship game so it wouldn't be unheard of for kids/fans/etc from Central to pull for Union instead. Honestly, the saddest thing is, the actual girls on Central and Ridgeview's teams are pretty good friends for the most part; several of them played on the same team until 8th grade in basketball and several others still play travel softball together. Yeah, they hate losing to each other, just as true competitors should, but they aren't out for blood like some of the immature fans for both sides are. I just think it's crazy when I see adults behaving like children and the kids are acting like adults. 

58 minutes ago, EliteSWVAFan said:

It is sad that there is such an intense hatred among some fans from both sides. I will say that two years ago, Ridgeview was playing Union in the State Championship game so it wouldn't be unheard of for kids/fans/etc from Central to pull for Union instead. Honestly, the saddest thing is, the actual girls on Central and Ridgeview's teams are pretty good friends for the most part; several of them played on the same team until 8th grade in basketball and several others still play travel softball together. Yeah, they hate losing to each other, just as true competitors should, but they aren't out for blood like some of the immature fans for both sides are. I just think it's crazy when I see adults behaving like children and the kids are acting like adults. 

One of the things Coach Dotson is big on is sportsmanship,and I have seen it from Coach Frazier's girls as well. Every article you read after they are very complimentary of each other. There's an intense rivalry,but also a massive amount of mutual respect between the 2 programs.

7 hours ago, blueinbama said:

Remember when you disappeared for a while and no one cared? And you weren't even banned. Lol!

I'm impressed that you are keeping up with my post history.  Atta boy.  I enjoy watching you get all worked up over the simplest little comments, like "That might be a first".  We all do. 

By the way, you can stop sucking up to Gman.  He's probably not going to ban you again.  You're too much live entertainment.  But the sucking up is embarrassing to watch. 

I disappear bc I don't care about baseball, I'm usually just around for football and basketball. 

But you obviously cared, seeing as how you noticed. I appreciate the space I take up in your brain, but trust me, let it go. You really need all the brain power you can get. 

I've been accused of a lot of things, but never sucking up to anyone. I appreciate all the concern you're showing for me, I really do sweetheart, but it's not needed. If I get banned, I get banned, it's just life. But until then, I'll spend my free time mocking dummies and discussing sports.

You know what's truly embarrassing to watch? Your struggle to insult me. You aren't very good at it. I'm taking it easy on ya, my mother always taught me not to punch down, not to take advantage of those who aren't quite all there, so I'll give you some advice: don't get into these spats with people. Someone won't be as nice as I am and they will make you cry. 

5 hours ago, Unchained said:

It's sad that a fan base would make someone stoop to that:( I saw the pics on Facebook of the RV parents flipping off the Central girls after the jv championship last week and was reminded that there's scum in all fan bases. Having said that,I always pull for the kids in our area. They can't help that their so-called adult peeps are idiots.

You saw that, but I guess you didn't see the other side where there was a video of a Central fan yelling out the week before to the players to try to injure Bailey did you?  It's not just our fans... it's both sides.

It was the same way back in the late 90's early 2000's with Council.  Sooner they were out, the happier we were, and vice versa.  

Take college for example, is a Virginia Tech fan/student going to pull for UVa, WVU or Da U to win a national championship in anything if they can't?  Hell no.

I'm not sure if your comments were intended as a jab at me because I'm not pulling for them or what, but that's how I feel and I'm sticking to it.

6 hours ago, 87Tiger said:

His brother was a pretty good coach as well...

Where did his brother coach at? I am just amazed at how competitive he is year in and year out!!! Always seems to get the most out of his players!!!! 

10 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

You saw that, but I guess you didn't see the other side where there was a video of a Central fan yelling out the week before to the players to try to injure Bailey did you?  It's not just our fans... it's both sides.

It was the same way back in the late 90's early 2000's with Council.  Sooner they were out, the happier we were, and vice versa.  

Take college for example, is a Virginia Tech fan/student going to pull for UVa, WVU or Da U to win a national championship in anything if they can't?  Hell no.

I'm not sure if your comments were intended as a jab at me because I'm not pulling for them or what, but that's how I feel and I'm sticking to it.

So 2 wrongs make it right? (refer to my above post/point about scum in all fanbases) I am sure you aren't the first one to pull against our own local kids and you won't be the last. It is a personal choice,and I choose to support ALL of the youngsters in our area. We all know there's more than enough folks past Roanoke that are against us. As heavily as the odds are stacked against us,these kids need every bit of help they can get.

5 minutes ago, Unchained said:

So 2 wrongs make it right? I am sure you aren't the first one to pull against our own local kids and you won't be the last. It is a personal choice,and I choose to support ALL of the youngsters in our area. We all know there's more than enough folks past Roanoke that are against us. As heavily as the odds are stacked against us,these kids need every bit of help they can get.

Qp4iy.gif

30 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

Guys, can't we all put this petty rivalry stuff behind us and direct our ire towards the place it really belongs? 

Abingdon.

lol Abingdon isn't nearly as despised as WC and GC are. They have work to do:)

12 hours ago, Hokie101 said:

I don't believe he did.  I thought for sure it was knocked out of place the way he was rolling on the floor, kid was obviously in some pain which was tough to watch.

It was a hard foul and he was hurting a lot. It was definitely hard to watch. I was taken aback that a kid is obviously really hurt and so much ruckus was going on in stands. 

2 hours ago, Plywood_King said:

Give it time. There are two types of schools, those who hate Abingdon, and those who don't play them very often.

Reminds me of the old Southwest District 10-15 years ago, when Richlands, Graham, Tazewell and Grundy all had one thing in common; they all seem to hate Carroll Co. Lol

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

What's the deal with Abingdon, why do so many schools despise them? They kinda came in the M7 and got pushed around, out of the three major sports so far, AHS finished no better than third in any of them.

It's more to do with the pompous assholes that have historically made up a big percentage of their fan base, and not any kind of athletic success.

That run of finishing no better than third will most certainly end in baseball. At least 4 starters have already committed to the D1 level. They don't have a ton of pitching, but are loaded most everywhere else.

Kinda makes me nauseated to sing the praises of anything Abingdon, but truth is truth. 

Go read my post on the baseball page, asking people for insight on their teams, and you will see what I'm talking about. Everything was going fine, until an Abingdon fan had get on there to tell me how wrong my assessment on the upcoming VHS team was. 

Not everyone in "A-Town" is bad, but the ones that are, are REALLY BAD!

16 hours ago, #BBN said:

Where did his brother coach at? I am just amazed at how competitive he is year in and year out!!! Always seems to get the most out of his players!!!! 

Honaker (CW Dotson)...back in the Clinch River Conference, Hogoheegee District, and again for a short time in the BDD.

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

What's the deal with Abingdon, why do so many schools despise them? They kinda came in the M7 and got pushed around, out of the three major sports so far, AHS finished no better than third in any of them.

If you would've saw them at the Appomattox game cheering for Appo, then I am sure you wouldn't like them very much either. 

I mean, I sat on the Appo side too that day but that's because I had to.  I hadn't met any of you Union fans or got to know any of you well enough for y'all to save me a seat on your side.  Lol

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

For what its worth, just by looking at the banner map at the top of the page, I count at least 13 schools that consider Abingdon a rival, and that's not including anyone else that they picked up since joining the M7. So, if Abingdon made a schedule consisting solely of their rivals, it would still be scheduling on a rotational basis.