Region D Brackets

swva_havok_fan

5 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

If you would've saw them at the Appomattox game cheering for Appo, then I am sure you wouldn't like them very much either. 

I mean, I sat on the Appo side too that day but that's because I had to.  I hadn't met any of you Union fans or got to know any of you well enough for y'all to save me a seat on your side.  Lol

That's so dumb. Why would they do that? Abingdon has no ties to Appo and it's closer to us anyway. Buncha jackasses.

I love the town, my grandparents live there and I've spent a lot of time there, but I never knew much about the school or athletics.

And Bearcat, yeah I expect them to exact revenge in baseball. It'll be BRUTAL lol

4 hours ago, BigWinners said:

That's so dumb. Why would they do that? Abingdon has no ties to Appo and it's closer to us anyway. Buncha jackasses.

I love the town, my grandparents live there and I've spent a lot of time there, but I never knew much about the school or athletics.

And Bearcat, yeah I expect them to exact revenge in baseball. It'll be BRUTAL lol

I agree. The town itself has a lot of history, and some nice attractions. 

A big percentage of their sports fans are entitled pricks, who think their crap don't stink. About 90% of the people involved with sports from Abingdon, that I've encountered in 30 years as a player, coach, or just a dad in the stands, all believe they are just plain better than people from other cities. They also believe that their kid is, without question, just using your kid as a stepping stone, on their journey to professional sports.

I've never understood why they are like this. Their sports programs have been average, at best, over the last 3 decades, with the occasional good team. Unfortunately, they have one of those good teams, right now, in baseball. Very few teams on this side of Roanoke will have enough to compete with them this year.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Any predictions on how Region D teams will fair this weekend? Thoughts?

Wythe beats Honaker around 10+ I'd say.

Eastside should beat Covington.

I lean towards Graham beating Martinsville. Definitely will be hard fought game though. Will likely come down to the end.

Radford will likely beat GC. I hope GC wins, but I believe Radford's defense will prevail. Their undefeated for a reason!

4 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Wythe beats Honaker around 10+ I'd say.

Eastside should beat Covington.

I lean towards Graham beating Martinsville. Definitely will be hard fought game though. Will likely come down to the end.

Radford will likely beat GC. I hope GC wins, but I believe Radford's defense will prevail. Their undefeated for a reason!

What's the saying, offense wins games, defense wins championships. It was Graham's defense that made McClung work hard for those 39 points he scored. I worry about Graham if Baker isn't back but I heard he's practiced past couple days. Hopefully, he's a 100% by Saturday or dang near close to it.  I hope they're all close games. I feel a little cheated when I go to tournaments games and see a blow out. 

It's too bad we don't have a pick em' for this like we do football.

My predictions:

Class 1 Girls:

Eastside vs. Galax -- Galax

Rye Cove vs. Parry McCluer -- Parry McCluer

Class 1 Boys:

Honaker vs. George Wythe -- Honaker

Eastside vs. Covington -- Eastside

Class 2 Girls:

Virginia High vs. Chatham -- Chatham

Wise Central vs. Martinsville -- Wise Central

Class 2 Boys:

Gate City vs. Radford -- Gate City

Graham vs. Martinsville -- Graham

Class 3 Girls:

Abingdon vs. Brookville -- Abingdon

Class 4 Girls:

Carroll County vs. Loudoun Valley -- Carroll County

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

It's too bad we don't have a pick em' for this like we do football.

My predictions:

Class 1 Girls:

Eastside vs. Galax -- Galax

Rye Cove vs. Parry McCluer -- Parry McCluer

Class 1 Boys:

Honaker vs. George Wythe -- Honaker

Eastside vs. Covington -- Eastside

Class 2 Girls:

Virginia High vs. Chatham -- Chatham

Wise Central vs. Martinsville -- Wise Central

Class 2 Boys:

Gate City vs. Radford -- Gate City

Graham vs. Martinsville -- Graham

Class 3 Girls:

Abingdon vs. Brookville -- Abingdon

Class 4 Girls:

Carroll County vs. Loudoun Valley -- Carroll County

You and I both are going with Honaker. I'm picking Eastside over Galax because Eastside has played so much at UVA Wise. 

Do you guy's think one would have any trouble getting a seat arriving at the Dedmon Center in Radford 30 minutes before game time?  Looks like it holds 3,200 and far as I can tell, this is the only game being held there Friday night.

15 minutes ago, Single_A_Fan said:

Do you guy's think one would have any trouble getting a seat arriving at the Dedmon Center in Radford 30 minutes before game time?  Looks like it holds 3,200 and far as I can tell, this is the only game being held there Friday night.

Not a chance.  I saw where 1000 each have been sent to GC and Radford, so there is only about 1400 that will be sold at the door. The game is however being streamed on NFHS Network, but I'd assume you have to pay some kind of subscription fee.

24 minutes ago, Hokie101 said:

Not a chance.  I saw where 1000 each have been sent to GC and Radford, so there is only about 1400 that will be sold at the door. The game is however being streamed on NFHS Network, but I'd assume you have to pay some kind of subscription fee.

I am not seeing anything on the nfhs website about it. Do you have a link?  I will pay the subscription. 

On 2/26/2018 at 4:07 PM, sixcat said:

Gate City has failed to score 70 only 3 times in 29 games and you're suggesting "high 50's".  Wow!  Lofty goals, I like that! 

I know I will be here even if Radford wins.  Will you have to onions to come back if they don't?

Here kitty, kitty, kitty!!!!!

Like I said several times, Radford struggles guarding length! But, hey, we’re all entitled to our opinions. Even if yours was wrong. 

Hope you come back!

On 2/26/2018 at 4:30 PM, carolinahokie64 said:

Radford has only given up 60  three times. They will slow the tempo down, GC will have fewer possesions. Gate City is very good and will still score alone more than the 43 points a game that radford gives up. I would put the over under around 58, 59. like I said a very good close game.

Oh, yeah I will be here. You will have some explaining to do. Can't wait.

Come on back now!