Gate City versus Central

WAVE 316

32 minutes ago, WAVE 316 said:

Gate City wins 83 to 70 over Central.  Mac with 41 points. 

No such thing as a good loss but that's as close as anybody in the distric has hung with GC this year I'd wager

6 hours ago, Unchained said:

No such thing as a good loss but that's as close as anybody in the distric has hung with GC this year I'd wager

Battle played them tough a couple weeks ago up on Battle Hill. GC pulled away in the 2nd half and won by 84-64. Either the great or good GC shows up, either way their head & shoulders above everyone else. Maybe Graham or Grayson Co. could give them some problems down the road.

Bobcats just waiting to see who we will face. Dan River or Martinsville. 

It don't matter tho!

Gate City betta hope no one shows up. Its gonna be some 'Cats and some 'Dawgs.  Either way the Devils are done! 

How?  My boyz went to watch down at Gate City tonight.  Had to stand near the mat. Bout didn't get in. Thought they would be early at 4. Watch the dude Mac. Said all the boyz in the candy cane pants did was talk to him and he tooks it personal. He tried an make em look bad. Forgot bout his boyz on the floor.  

Gate City just need to mark it down.  Those boyz got at most 4 games left but if they can only barely beat a bunch of candy cane pant legged pretty boyz it ain't gonna happen for em against a bunch of backwoods muggerz from Grayson County. 

I'm gonna make my final pick and say that Gate City has at most 4 games left.  No.way they make it past us much less Dan River in the state quarters or semis.  

McClung gonna get talked to all night from these boyz up here and he gonna forget about his team and go for records and try to talk trash but we gonna win state. 

Go take all dem records you want white boy we gonna wear the jewelry and shine up our rings off that record book you in. 

G-town ain't gettin nuthin but HYPE!!!

McClung, Erving and whoever else forget it!  Sound like a bunch of lawyers. 

Morton-richardson, Jones, Cormany!! 

Now that be champions boyz!!!

The State Champion 'Cats!

Dan River gonna drown dem Devils. 

Radford gonna drain Dan River. 

RADFORD gonna destroy the Lee boyz!

RADFORD - STATE CHAMPS 2018!!!!!

FIRST YEAR BACK!!  ALL YOU IS WHACK!!!

.....AND YOUR ON CRACK!!! 

Had to finish out your rhyme time.  But seriously though....you really might be on crack.  GC could have an average game and i still say they would win handily against Grayson Co.  No offense to those guys....just think the Devils are in a class above them. 

Hats off to Wise tonight though....they played really well i thought and GC didnt exactly light it up.

1 hour ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Battle played them tough couple weeks ago up on Battle Hill. GC pulled away in the 2nd half and won by 84-64. Either the great or good GC shows up, either way their head & shoulders above everyone else. Maybe Graham or Grayson Co. could give them some problems down the road.

Union only lost by like 15 in their first meeting, so it looks like 13-15 points is as close as any M7 team got, and GC also has 30+ point wins over those same teams. 

10 hours ago, HowTheWestWasWon2017 said:

Bobcats just waiting to see who we will face. Dan River or Martinsville. 

It don't matter tho!

Gate City betta hope no one shows up. Its gonna be some 'Cats and some 'Dawgs.  Either way the Devils are done! 

How?  My boyz went to watch down at Gate City tonight.  Had to stand near the mat. Bout didn't get in. Thought they would be early at 4. Watch the dude Mac. Said all the boyz in the candy cane pants did was talk to him and he tooks it personal. He tried an make em look bad. Forgot bout his boyz on the floor.  

Gate City just need to mark it down.  Those boyz got at most 4 games left but if they can only barely beat a bunch of candy cane pant legged pretty boyz it ain't gonna happen for em against a bunch of backwoods muggerz from Grayson County. 

I'm gonna make my final pick and say that Gate City has at most 4 games left.  No.way they make it past us much less Dan River in the state quarters or semis.  

McClung gonna get talked to all night from these boyz up here and he gonna forget about his team and go for records and try to talk trash but we gonna win state. 

Go take all dem records you want white boy we gonna wear the jewelry and shine up our rings off that record book you in. 

G-town ain't gettin nuthin but HYPE!!!

McClung, Erving and whoever else forget it!  Sound like a bunch of lawyers. 

Morton-richardson, Jones, Cormany!! 

Now that be champions boyz!!!

The State Champion 'Cats!

Dan River gonna drown dem Devils. 

Radford gonna drain Dan River. 

RADFORD gonna destroy the Lee boyz!

RADFORD - STATE CHAMPS 2018!!!!!

FIRST YEAR BACK!!  ALL YOU IS WHACK!!!

D0163D86-0D7E-4F49-8CEF-F3B7CA46C0A3.jpeg

for what its worth, Dan River, Martinsville, Radford will be lucky to get out of the region. I could see either of the three. But do not discount Glenvar if they put it all together. Giles is a sleeper if their star keeps his mouth in check. My point is on any given night who knows. Its high school kids.

Here is the deal. GC and WC have developed a hatred for each other. It started last season at WC when Mac was going for a dunk and WC tried to take him out. GC hasn’t forgotten and WC doesn’t want GC to dunk. WC’s whole objective is not to let Zac and Mac to the rim. McAnus yelled all night “no layups”. His whole game plan is to hack GC when they get into the paint. 1) it’s typical McAnus 2) The game was overly physical and the officiating was horrid on both sides 3) hard to beat a team 3 times especially when the game “doesn’t matter”. I blame the refs for not taking control of McAnus who continually showed them up and argued every call. Refs lost control early. Not sure if anyone noticed, but Scotty coached from basically the base line the other night to be as far away from McAnus as possible. McAnus continually clapped towards Scotty and gave him stares as he done it. Mac tried to force a lot (he admitted it in his post game interview). GC truly played ugly, but WC probably played their best game. WC can have their moral victory of keeping GC in reach, but they still lost. All of that and GC still took a double digit win. Luckily for GC, it’s another good test to get us ready for region play. I honestly believe the game the other night is the physical play and atmosphere we are going to see the deeper we get. GC had some foul trouble and overcame that as well. Overall it benefited GC.  

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

I'm glad someone from GC can remind us, I had almost forgotten that no one from GC ever does anything wrong.  What was I thinking???

They do things wrong like I stated. We played awful, got into foul trouble, and Mac tried to force things that were not there. I even put it in black and white. That’s 3 things we did wrong the other night. And I credited WC for playing their best game. What else do you want me to say? 

Youd think GC hadnt been tested this year by the way people are going on about this 13 pt win against WC.  Sometimes a  team has a good game plan and executes well and plays their best game of the season.  Tip your hats to them and move on.....you got the win whether or not it was ugly.  I dont think GC played a great game in the least.....but ill give more credit to WC and what they were able to do. 

Id be willing to wager theres not another team in 2A that would go 4-1 against North Meck, Cleveland, Fern Creek, Science Hill, and Lakota East.  That stretch included 1 comeback win after being down 17 pts to a very good Cleveland team. The GC team last year would have caved after being down 17 pts.  So lets not overreact too much, this team is tested.....not just talented. 

17 hours ago, Beamerball said:

North Mecklenburg, Fern Creek, Cleveland, don't hold a candle to these teams "up north"....... 😉

North Mecklenburg is 26-1 with their only loss being to Huntington Prep.  I would say that they probably hold a candle to just about any high school team in this state minus maybe Oak Hill.