Medicaid Expansion in Virginia

cavalieratmosphere

Vox makes CNN look like Infowars by comparison.  A few paragraphs of substance obliterated by the final 3/4 of the article, which is a rant against Conservatism not being willing to freely splurge on entitlements.  

This is is a substantial (but moderate) step in what is historically a conservative state.

7 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Vox makes CNN look like Infowars by comparison.  A few paragraphs of substance obliterated by the final 3/4 of the article, which is a rant against Conservatism not being willing to freely splurge on entitlements.  

This is is a substantial (but moderate) step in what is historically a conservative state.

How so? Outside of a couple of comments that either stated "this group says that they don't support the bill" or "this advocacy group supports Medicaid expansion", I didn't really see anything egregious about the article.

I found the article to be one of the more unbiased pieces from an outlet known for its liberal bias.  I recently read two Pew Research Center articles.  One cited US media bias as being among the worst in the world.  I'm certainly not surprised.  It seems factual accuracy has given way to shock and awe, regardless of political leaning.  The other ranked US based media outlets in terms of biased reporting.  I was surprised CNN was found to be the least biased media outlet in the US.  I shouldn't be so surprised, though.  The center has gotten so blurred in recent years, anything down the middle has a feel of bias depending on the readers political leanings.

Rather interesting research from an organization known the world over for its unbiased, fair assessment of government.  

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 years later...
On 3/4/2018 at 5:41 PM, cavalieratmosphere said:

Not sure if anyone saw this and this is a few weeks old, but a local state legislator came out for expansion.

i personally think this was more of we see the writing on the wall,  the republicans had a stranglehold on the state legislatures in va for years,  since 2016 the dem's seized control and it was their attempt to stop the bleeding of voters so they could try to hang onto power,  i do believe that if the dem's had not won both houses in state of va that no republicans would have jumped on board to support Medicaid expansion

• 1 year later...