UVA Wise

ruann23

My son is playing tomorrow and of course, I do not want to miss my son playing.  I anticipate a huge crowd for tomorrow's game.  I know the doors open at 3:00.  What time do you think I should try to be there?  I do not care to wait in line.  

Thanks!

48 minutes ago, ruann23 said:

My son is playing tomorrow and of course, I do not want to miss my son playing.  I anticipate a huge crowd for tomorrow's game.  I know the doors open at 3:00.  What time do you think I should try to be there?  I do not care to wait in line.  

Thanks!

I don't know that you will have much trouble getting in.  The Convocation Center is fairly large.  They have hosted other high school events in the past and there wasn't much issue with seating or getting into the place.

52 minutes ago, ruann23 said:

Thanks!

They brought in another set of bleachers to be set up near the stage area which I think adds roughly another 500 seats to the capacity, so I don't think you'll have trouble getting in.  Now, unless you get there for the first or second game tomorrow, I would highly recommend parking at the old gym (Greear) and riding the shuttle bus over, because parking at the DJP on the other hand is very sparse and the traffic getting out is a huge nightmare.

2 hours ago, Falcon Mania said:

I don't know that you will have much trouble getting in.  The Convocation Center is fairly large.  They have hosted other high school events in the past and there wasn't much issue with seating or getting into the place.

I think this year may be a little different animal. I expect it to be a zoo. 8 different schools will be represented. I assume many will stay for all 4 games. Capacity 3,000 for sporting events. Place will be full by 5:30.