Richlands

WAVE 316

I have read negative posts in the past about Coach Phillips of Richlands. From what Central Wise folks were posting after the Richlands-Central game Wed night at UVA Wise they had nothing but praise and admiration for Coach Phillips and the Richlands team for outstanding sportsmanship. In a time of discord and division all across America I think this is very refreshing to see. If any were at the game and would like to elaborate, please do.

9 hours ago, WAVE 316 said:

I have read negative posts in the past about Coach Phillips of Richlands. From what Central Wise folks were posting after the Richlands-Central game Wed night at UVA Wise they had nothing but praise and admiration for Coach Phillips and the Richlands team for outstanding sportsmanship. In a time of discord and division all across America I think this is very refreshing to see. If any were at the game and would like to elaborate, please do.

After Isaiah McAmis got his 1,000th point they stopped the game as they always do to take a pic or two, get the ball to the parents, etc.

As all of this was happening, Fred, his entire staff and entire team came off the bench and congratulated McAmis on his accomplishment. I had never seen the entire opposing team and coaches congratulate a player mid-game like that.

Say what you want about Fred but he runs a program Richlands can be proud of, he truly cares about the kids, school, and town. 

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Yay.  Central finally has an ally in Region D.  Good for them, everyone needs friends.  Lol

Might be a good role model for the rest the district to follow. Sportsmanship is a commodity that has been lost. Requires humility. 

4 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Say what you want about Fred but he runs a program Richlands can be proud of, he truly cares about the kids, school, and town. 

http://www.bdtonline.com/sports/as-if-they-owed-money-g-men-pounce-on-richlands/article_8ccb6b0a-f81e-11e7-92f8-47a06c60725f.html

49 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Yep. He said that. After a rivalry game between two teams who loathe each other. That stuff is expected in heated situations. 

Fred loves Richlands and loves those kids. I'm proud to call him our coach, no matter what he said about Graham. 

1 hour ago, WAVE 316 said:

Might be a good role model for the rest the district to follow. Sportsmanship is a commodity that has been lost. Requires humility. 

When the Wise boys basketball team follows your advice, I'm sure the rest of the district will follow.

47 minutes ago, WAVE 316 said:

Guess you could say that about every team in the district. 

No, I couldn't. That's the issue. But I won't go into this again, it's clear you have already decided that Wise isn't the issue, it's every other team that's played them.

6 hours ago, WAVE 316 said:

I guess.  BTW, didn't FP get a school board member on his side in order to get rid of the former coach so he could be HC? 

36 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

No, I couldn't. That's the issue. But I won't go into this again, it's clear you have already decided that Wise isn't the issue, it's every other team that's played them.

So you presume in your post that I have already decided that Wise isn't the issue it's every team that's played them..... Presumption is a bad attack mode . 

9 minutes ago, WAVE 316 said:

So you presume in your post that I have already decided that Wise isn't the issue it's every team that's played them..... Presumption is a bad attack mode . 

Well, you posted exactly that. You said "Guess you could say that about any team in the district", despite none of the other schools ever having issues with each other but almost all have had issues w Wise. It's a shame, bc Mullins and McAmis (the player) are exceptional ballplayers and deserve tons of credit.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Well, you posted exactly that. You said "Guess you could say that about any team in the district", despite none of the other schools ever having issues with each other but almost all have had issues w Wise. It's a shame, bc Mullins and McAmis (the player) are exceptional ballplayers and deserve tons of credit.

So would it be a bad thing if everyone in the district followed Richlands example? To be good in sportsmanship and humility. Wise included and everyone in the district?

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

^^^ Fred could be the best guy in the world but you’ll never get me to see it because of this. 

It's a shame to hold an opinion of someone you've never met over a "backdoor" deal that was never officially confirmed. Fred is as nice a guy as I've ever met. 

I have heard from quite a few people involved that Fred was a big factor in former coaches release so he could be head man.  Fred was a great player and seems to do well as coach but knowing him as long as I have, I could never see him as humble or respectable.  That is just for show in my opinion and the true Fred comes out when you are in a close game with them.  As for congratulating McCamis, I think Fred truly appreciates big athletic accomplishments so I will say that part was probably genuine.

13 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

It's a shame to hold an opinion of someone you've never met over a "backdoor" deal that was never officially confirmed. Fred is as nice a guy as I've ever met. 

Trust me, I know enough people from Richlands that have directly told me that is how he got the job...it isn't a secret...

4 hours ago, GMan said:

Trust me, I know enough people from Richlands that have directly told me that is how he got the job...it isn't a secret...

You don't know squat. I like to buy you and uva observer for what your worth and sell you for what you think your worth.  If you know so much tell us how fuller got the job in the first place.  You don't know do you?  This website is so far behind times it's laughable.  Phillips has forgot more about basketball than you, fuller and your rear end buddy (uva observer) will ever know. Granted Phillips can be and is a dirty azz mofo but you guys on here are a bunch of old farts polishing each other's ego.  This place is exactly like richlands topix.  Now ban with your pussy g-girl cause that's what you are.

16 minutes ago, Jj1 said:

You don't know squat. I like to buy you and uva observer for what your worth and sell you for what you think your worth.  If you know so much tell us how fuller got the job in the first place.  You don't know do you?  This website is so far behind times it's laughable.  Phillips has forgot more about basketball than you, fuller and your rear end buddy (uva observer) will ever know. Granted Phillips can be and is a dirty azz mofo but you guys on here are a bunch of old farts polishing each other's ego.  This place is exactly like richlands topix.  Now ban with your pussy g-girl cause that's what you are.

If you know the story then tell it. 

*** also I’m quoting this post in hopes that it stays after you’re banned for the people to see that might’ve missed it 

46 minutes ago, Jj1 said:

I heard Fuller got the job because he blackmailed the governor with photos of him in a compromising homosexual situation, and then Phillips got the goods on Fuller by dressing up 

Iike a woman and then seducing him. Can you confirm?????????????? 

1 hour ago, Jj1 said:

I’d be mad if this weren’t incomprehensibly stupid.  Instead, I’ll laugh.  Not with you, definitely at you.

3 hours ago, Jj1 said:

Here's your pussy...

SVBAtjR.gif

Fuller was a good coach and was winning.  Fred's family has always been way too influential in the area of Richlands.  Even without hearing it from the inside it's pretty easy to read between the lines what went down.  Fred didn't want anyone else coaching his son's group because the kid may not have been the focal point. It's good to have pull with school board members and supervisors.

When it all happened I had a source working in the Richlands system that said Fuller fell out of favor because the Moir boy wasn’t starting-and/or- getting enough PT. I don’t know if Fred had a back door deal or not but when both coaches get fired and told they could both reapply for the job but the assistant ends up with the head job it seems pretty fishy. Even if Fred really had nothing to do with it it’s still okay to look down on how everything was handled because of how dirty Fuller was done. 

When all this is forgotten about we’ll look back and see that Richlands had their best season ever and finally won a region playoff game and made the state tournament, but how much better could that team have been had they not ran Fuller and son out of town and kept Lowe in the starting 5 along with an athletic Howie coming off the bench?