Your Region 2D Champion...

Deleted Account

9 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Screw job. 

I didn’t go. I’m shocked at the outcome. What happened. I’ve saw graham play twice this year. Was not super impressed with them. Have seen gc play plenty. Always sloppy in first qtr then hit their stride. Seems like graham figured out something that worked. Great coaching. Funny on Twitter how a central coach was claiming the real championship game was last night 😂. Anyway, I’m guessing Scotty will make the needed adjustments if a rematch happens. I don’t think an upset happens twice. But for the time being...congrats graham. Go celebrate. 

4 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Chris Akers is a graham alum and Graham upsets Gate City for the region championship? Conspiracy???

Chris Akers played for Glynn Carlock Sr. and now Glynn Carlock Jr. upsets Gate City in basketball.  Are we supposed to believe this is just a coincidence?

23 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

You lost by 16 to a team that dominated you unlike anything you’ve seen for the last 24 minutes.  Stay classy, my friend.

There was nothing classy about that loss from the stands to not going out on court for trophy presentation. How a team loses says way more about them than the W/L column. 

Long story , short...Gate City was outplayed and out coached. McClung is impressive on offense but one or two guys cannot get it done against an equally good team that played outstanding defense and out rebounded you. Congratulations GMen, very proud of you all! Carlock is a class act & so are his players! 

15 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

There was nothing classy about that loss from the stands to not going out on court for trophy presentation. How a team loses says way more about them than the W/L column. 

Well, they shook hands with the Graham players, accepted their trophy for runner-up and then went to the locker room.  Just because they didn't pose for a team picture doesn't mean that is classless.  They didnt accomplish what they had set out to do last weekend so they didn't feel like taking a picture.

3 hours ago, Hokie101 said:

Well, they shook hands with the Graham players, accepted their trophy for runner-up and then went to the locker room.  Just because they didn't pose for a team picture doesn't mean that is classless.  They didnt accomplish what they had set out to do last weekend so they didn't feel like taking a picture.

As long as they stayed on the court to accept their runner up trophy and congratulated the opponent, no need to hang around for a pic with a runner up trophy.  Radford only hangs state title banners...I like that.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, BearDawg said:

I didn’t go. I’m shocked at the outcome. What happened. I’ve saw graham play twice this year. Was not super impressed with them. Have seen gc play plenty. Always sloppy in first qtr then hit their stride. Seems like graham figured out something that worked. Great coaching. Funny on Twitter how a central coach was claiming the real championship game was last night 😂. Anyway, I’m guessing Scotty will make the needed adjustments if a rematch happens. I don’t think an upset happens twice. But for the time being...congrats graham. Go celebrate. 

I have seen Central play 3 times this year and they COULD win it all.  But I doubt it.  Their football coach said the exact same thing after Lee beat them in the playoffs.  Something in the water up in Woodstock!

1 hour ago, Bearcat Bob said:

I have seen Central play 3 times this year and they COULD win it all.  But I doubt it.  Their football coach said the exact same thing after Lee beat them in the playoffs.  Something in the water up in Woodstock!

I thought they meant the Wise Central coach, commenting on the Graham/Wise game, but I could be wrong.

51 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I thought they meant the Wise Central coach, commenting on the Graham/Wise game, but I could be wrong.

You are probably right. I have been out of the SWVA loop for a while. But the Central Woodstock football coach did make that same statement after they lost to Lee.