State quarterfinals (3/2-3/3)

Beamerball

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

Three #SWVA vs. #SWVA matchups in #VHSL state semifinals: Eastside vs. George Wythe (Class 1 Boys), Graham vs. Gate City (Class 2 Boys), Wise Central vs. Virginia High (Class 2 Girls). #HCBG #HCBB

Gate City Retweeted
Gate City Cowbells @GateCityCowbell
The Gate City vs Graham rematch is set for the State Semifinals. Location and Time TBD.

great state

What is the anticipated attendance?  Is there a place big enough?

Dante Lee

VHSL will be pressed to make a tough decision on the venue of the Final 4 in 2A with Gate City playing. The VHSL guidelines state: seating to accommodate anticipated attendance. If Graham wins is Tazewell Middle School that site? Don’t think it holds as many as the Dedmond Ctr!

6 minutes ago, Beamerball said:
What is the anticipated attendance?  Is there a place big enough?

Dante Lee

VHSL will be pressed to make a tough decision on the venue of the Final 4 in 2A with Gate City playing. The VHSL guidelines state: seating to accommodate anticipated attendance. If Graham wins is Tazewell Middle School that site? Don’t think it holds as many as the Dedmond Ctr!

If the game is at Tazewell Middle fans should get in line after Church tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Would Bluefield College have the space and availability?

Brings me back to my original question, what would that be?  What is the expected crowd?  They've reached capacity most places and had stop people from entering, correct?

4 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

Brings me back to my original question, what would that be?  What is the expected crowd?  They've reached capacity most places and had stop people from entering, correct?

I would expect at least 4500 to 5000. And TMS couldn't hold that if they doubled the place. 

10 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Why not at the Brushfork Armory? Graham plays football games in WV including playoffs, why not basketball?

I'm not sure the Armory can hold enough people, either. 

According to Mercer County's website, it holds 3,500. That's almost assuredly not enough. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Virginia Tech?

That would be my solution. Holds 9,275. But over on Preps I've been lambasted as being "entitled" because I think they should play it in an arena that can actually hold enough people that they won't have to bar the doors. 

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

That would be my solution. Holds 9,925. But over on Preps I've been lambasted as being "entitled" because I think they should play it in an arena that can actually hold enough people that they won't have to bar the doors. 

I stay away from preps. Tech would definitely hold everyone and give a great experience to the players. 

It’s the VHSL. I get that graham plays their football games in WV due to that being their home field. But they are having to pick a site now. This is the Virginia state playoffs. Keep it here in Virginia. Wv has their playoffs. Radford college sold out. Most small colleges will fill up. VT would be cool. Vhsl is too worried about losing a buck. Uva wise held pretty good but favors gc more location wise. Prolly suite gc not to play there again based on their shooting. I look for gc to lay wood to graham this time though. Regardless the winner, I’ll cheer them on in the title game!  

4 hours ago, BearDawg said:

It’s the VHSL. I get that graham plays their football games in WV due to that being their home field. But they are having to pick a site now. This is the Virginia state playoffs. Keep it here in Virginia. Wv has their playoffs. Radford college sold out. Most small colleges will fill up. VT would be cool. Vhsl is too worried about losing a buck. Uva wise held pretty good but favors gc more location wise. Prolly suite gc not to play there again based on their shooting. I look for gc to lay wood to graham this time though. Regardless the winner, I’ll cheer them on in the title game!  

You're the person that said McClung could sit and GC would still walk through the Region D, and now you're saying GC will probably lay the wood to Graham in the rematch. If Graham wins the rematch, man do I feel sorry for you cause the Graham faithful will troll the crap outta you! Lol