State quarterfinals (3/2-3/3)

Beamerball

Just now, Single_A_Fan said:

I agree with you.  I mean if the USA Today did a story speaking on the unbelief of having a game of this magnitude in a Middle School gym, then I wouldn't say its "end of story".

I don't have a dog in this fight but it is a joke to have this game at this venue.  And before I get flamed, I realize the call is Graham's to make at the approval of the VHSL but come on.

Like USA Today has any credibility. OTOH these final 8 games should be at a nice predetermined site. But since this is the way the VHSL set it up I have no problem with the site.

3 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Like USA Today has any credibility. OTOH these final 8 games should be at a nice predetermined site. But since this is the way the VHSL set it up I have no problem with the site.

Maybe they don't have any credibility, but for some on here to act like this isn't a big deal are kidding themselves.

You're right, the semis and finals should be at a nice predetermined site. 

1 hour ago, Bluefield researcher said:

USA Today doesn't have credibility? Since when? It's not the NYT, but it's more credible than most random blogs and local papers.

49 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

USA Today doesn't have credibility? Since when? It's not the NYT, but it's more credible than most random blogs and local papers.

They ran a story last Sunday about how Mac McClung’s “storybook season” came to an end with a loss against graham 

Patrick Hite @Patrick_Hite

So why no VHSL super sites this year? And why aren't Gap and Lee playing in the same gym? Get your answers here

VHSL did away with super sites for travel, money reasons

great state

13 minutes ago, GMan said:

Probably the same futzy clucks they had doing the football broadcast...

For the love of everything that’s holy in this world, please no. Knowing them they would start talking about some random topic like gas prices then before you know it it’s halftime with zero commentary about the game 

4 hours ago, EH31 said:

They ran a story last Sunday about how Mac McClung’s “storybook season” came to an end with a loss against graham 

That's that whole Bleacher Report HS blog they do, I didn't really even consider that like USA Today proper. They obviously got a big fact wrong but I'm not recalling any major incidents from USA Today that blew up in their face. I mean I don't consider them the NY Times or Time magazine but I always viewed them as being pretty reliable.

27 minutes ago, marcus_twain said:

Since the teams played ten days ago, what changes do you think both or either team will make, if any?

GC prob shoots better, they struggle with shots at UVAW, and likely pushes the issue more often. More driving to the bucket and trying to get easy looks or free throws. 

Can't imagine Graham changes too much, I figure they'll try and get the big, Dalton, involved early and often and really allow Martin to create open looks for teammates or get buckets.