Graham or Gate City. Who you got and why?

local_insight

6 minutes ago, graham32 said:

Gate city isn’t better than graham. McClung is. 

You take Martin off Graham and Graham isn't great, either. 

Oftentimes in SWVA, the best teams are the ones who have a great player, a few good ones, and role guys. That's what GC and Graham are this season, it just so happens GC has 2 D1 basketball players and Graham doesn't. 

1 minute ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

He's good, he takes all there shots, scores the most points and won them the game tonight, but I wouldn't wanna play on a team with him. I don't see other players getting better around him.

Ervin and Dean looked pretty ecstatic tonight after the game...

3 minutes ago, graham32 said:

just remember McClung is gone after this year...

GC will still have two d1 players, and will likely still be a force in the region as we have been for the past few years. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

You take Martin off Graham and Graham isn't great, either.

Graham was never “great” they played as a team. All I’m saying is Gate City practically only have one player. 

Just now, graham32 said:

Graham was never “great” they played as a team. All I’m saying is Gate City practically only have one player. 

I disagree. Ervin has some low-major and a few mid-major offers and Dean can shoot the lights out. I would suspect you'll see the two of those guys score a LOT more next year. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Ervin and Dean looked pretty ecstatic tonight after the game...

Yeah, when I played football & basketball in high school, I set the bench my freshman year and was excited when we won too. Lol I didn't get better though watching somebody else do all the work. You're just happy to win, didn't care who got us there. Maybe next year GC's other players show how good they really are...

10 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

He's good, he takes all there shots, scores the most points and won them the game tonight, but I wouldn't wanna play on a team with him. I don't see other players getting better around him.

Now that is something we can agree on 100%!

3 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Yeah, when I played football & basketball in high school, I set the bench my freshman year and was excited when we won too. Lol I didn't get better though watching somebody else do all the work. You're just happy to win, didn't care who got us there. Maybe next year GC's other players show how good they really are...

They (Ervin and Dean) may not have had monster point totals but both played really well and GC would be going home losers if Dean wasn't such a force on the perimeter defense ad Ervin wasn't excellent at breaking pressure and setting up easy buckets for MM.

1 hour ago, BearDawg said:

Now that is something we can agree on 100%!

I do hope they win the whole thing though. Now that the game is over, maybe a far Southwest VA team can finally bring back a state championship in something other that wrestling & baseball.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is Martin a Senior? If not Graham will be a huge force next season. I think they said Baker is a Junior. 

I believe they said he was a senior.  I believe Graham and GC will be in the same situation next season.  The region will be their's to lose.