Graham Clark Resigns

Falcon Mania

Why am I shocked? Everyone knew it was coming sooner rather than later, but I didn’t expect it to be right now. Do you guys think the new coach will be someone already on the staff or will they go out and try to get a big name?

Would it be out of the realm to say Sensabaugh?? Lol

TimesNews Sports @tnsportslive

Retiring @dbtribelive football coach Graham Clark: “I will miss Fridays and I will miss Sunday afternoons with the coaches. I loved everything about it. It was a blessing and honor to serve at Dobyns-Bennett.”

great state

2 hours ago, GC_Quincy said:

if it was me, I'd grab the check book and head towards Greeneville.

I'm guessing Niswonger's checking account can easily match or exceed D-B's. Besides, Ballard's son is a senior this year and they will roll to another state title and probably another undefeated season. He's not likely to give that up to head to D-B.

5 hours ago, GC_Quincy said:

if it was me, I'd grab the check book and head towards Greeneville.

Everyone thought that would be a job he would leave Greeneville for but honestly I dont think it will be that appealing at the moment.

My DB friends and co-workers want Ballard from Greeneville but don't think he will come because of his son, so it's Stacey Carter's job if he wants it. Unless you can talk George Quarles away from his alma-mater at Furman or Rankin from Alcoa, they will go with a young up and comer. DB likes stability they have has two coaches in the last 35 plus years.

On 3/6/2018 at 3:28 PM, Falcon Mania said:

My top 3 would be Gerald Sensabaugh, Rush Propst, and Butch Jones.

I remember when Coach Clark came to Chilhowie in 1980. He was a young man full of energy and immediately captivated the community with his knowledge and whitt. He was a character, and fun to be around......never a dull moment. I recall him  getting down in the offensive line with the other lineman ( without a helmet or pads) and showing them the the technique he wanted. I recall him eating a live grasshopper at Northwood, just to get the kids reactions and to fire them up. No doubt, the man was one of a kind.

Coach Clark came to Chilhowie in an old Chevy pickup up truck, and a shirt on his back. His apartment had a TV and a lawn chair. He was and still is a great man of the game. I wish him the very best I in his retirement. God speed, Coach Clark.

8 hours ago, SWVAFB said:

I remember when Coach Clark came to Chilhowie in 1980. He was a young man full of energy and immediately captivated the community with his knowledge and whitt. He was a character, and fun to be around......never a dull moment. I recall him  getting down in the offensive line with the other lineman ( without a helmet or pads) and showing them the the technique he wanted. I recall him eating a live grasshopper at Northwood, just to get the kids reactions and to fire them up. No doubt, the man was one of a kind.

Coach Clark came to Chilhowie in an old Chevy pickup up truck, and a shirt on his back. His apartment had a TV and a lawn chair. He was and still is a great man of the game. I wish him the very best I in his retirement. God speed, Coach Clark.

Very good and honorable man, he could tell you 20 stories in 15 minutes, he kind of lost his desire after his daughter died. He will be missed but I wish him well also, Kingsport also had another good head coach retire two weeks ago, when Robbie Norris retired at Sullivan North, Robbie coached several years at DB for Coach Clark and ended up being North's all time win leader. He will be missed too

8 hours ago, SWVAFB said:

I played for him at POWELL VALLEY,he was a great motivator and excellent coach, I spoke to him from time to time over the years while I worked in KINGSPORT and WEBER CITY, he never lost that fire in his eyes or the love of"HIS KIDS".I can say that if all of us turned out to be good men , it was because of him, coach POSS BOLLING AND BOBBY C.All great coaches but better men and role models

2 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

I wasnt aware Norris had retired also.  Clark always had a way with words.

Robbie was promoted to AD and Preston Patrick took over as head coach. Clark and Norris are pretty close so I imagine some vacations in Hilton Head are on the docket in Rob's new vacation home and Robbie also has a new grandson to spoil.

4 hours ago, GC_Quincy said:

I wonder what his plans (Norris) will be once the new school opens.

Robbie's plan was to retire from coaching when the new school opened, his promotion to AD just fast forwarded it a bit, He should a least be considered for the AD job at the new school, he should coaching at GC if not for an inept school board.   

5 hours ago, SXSW said:

Does anyone here think Travis Turner would apply for the DB job?

I bet momma bear has the VETO VOTE on that ideal, BAILEY is a senior now and it seems he has something to prove...good as last year?????maybe not, but not a cellar dweller either , DA BEARS WILL CONTEND, as long as BAILEY is healthy....5 wide going deep to JENKINS. D B will hire a DB  player from the past, or a UT GRAD