Graham Clark Resigns

Falcon Mania

14 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

I bet momma bear has the VETO VOTE on that ideal, BAILEY is a senior now and it seems he has something to prove...good as last year?????maybe not, but not a cellar dweller either , DA BEARS WILL CONTEND, as long as BAILEY is healthy....5 wide going deep to JENKINS. D B will hire a DB  player from the past, or a UT GRAD

I don't think you quite understand the DB mindset, Clark has zero DB ties until he started coaching there, the new boys basketball coach zero DB ties. This school thinks it is elite in all respects, they have started a national search for a coach and national to them believe it or not is the whole country. They will hire the best coach that money can buy, that is willing to come and what coach wouldn't want nearly 100,000 dollars a year plus incentives. They have Colobro, and B.I Salyers on staff and there AD coached at Happy Valley so they have three in house candidates.

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

I don't think you quite understand the DB mindset, Clark has zero DB ties until he started coaching there, the new boys basketball coach zero DB ties. This school thinks it is elite in all respects, they have started a national search for a coach and national to them believe it or not is the whole country. They will hire the best coach that money can buy, that is willing to come and what coach wouldn't want nearly 100,000 dollars a year plus incentives. They have Colobro, and B.I Salyers on staff and there AD coached at Happy Valley so they have three in house candidates.

CLARK played  hs football there....GRAD in 1973 ....so yes he has ties there, I agree many will apply but you must understand its really not the school who decides , its the people of KINGSPORT, namely those who donated millions of $$$$ for the program.Graham was asst. coach for years at PV, then asst. at APPY STATE then on to CHILHOWIE for 2 going 19-3 after that he went to DB as asst.coach of QB's. i worked for WALLACE BOYD(OAKWOOD MKTS) AND RAYMOND GALYON both big time $$$$$ men at DB they told me a long time ago,"no one can be a D B MAN , unless you already have been a D B MAN. MONEY TALKS and BS walks.D B may hire outside , but it will have to be a very special coach 

I am starting to hear some candidates that have applied for the job. Sensabaugh  is the only one that has publicly said so, but I know of three others, all current coaches in the area.

On 3/16/2018 at 7:53 AM, SXSW said:

I am starting to hear some candidates that have applied for the job. Sensabaugh  is the only one that has publicly said so, but I know of three others, all current coaches in the area.

Shawn Witten? Makes sense.

Stacy Carter? Seems like that would be a lateral move at best.

Caine Ballard? No way he uproots his son in his senior year with another 15-0 season on the way.

Any SWVA coaches? Don't see any way what used to be winningest football program in the state of Tennessee lowers themselves to consider a SWVA coach. 

Of course, you did say coaches that have applied.....  :)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, JDHoss said:

Preston Patrick named head coach at North. Good option, considering I doubt that with the school closing in 2-3 years that they had many other applicants. 

http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2018/03/21/div-class-libPageBodyLinebreak-Patrick-faces-challenges-as-North-s-new-football-coach-div.html?ci=stream&lp=7&p=1

North didn't take applicants they just appointed Preston as head coach, he has a good football IQ and coached the O-line, the entire staff,except for Norris, will be back unless something has changed in the last few weeks.

33 minutes ago, SXSW said:

North didn't take applicants they just appointed Preston as head coach, he has a good football IQ and coached the O-line, the entire staff,except for Norris, will be back unless something has changed in the last few weeks.

Pretty much what I figured given the situation. Patrick was a good option for them to have. 

1 hour ago, bristol8434 said:

The word around Kingsport is that Ryan Wagner is going to leave his baseball coaching spot and be the next head coach for DB football. 

DB can and should be able to do better than that.

• 3 weeks later...

I was told today that all the interviews are completed and an announcement should be coming a week or so, all the candidates have requested anonymity except for Joey Christian. Christian was the only staff member who applied for the job.

17 hours ago, SXSW said:

I was told today that all the interviews are completed and an announcement should be coming a week or so, all the candidates have requested anonymity except for Joey Christian. Christian was the only staff member who applied for the job.

I know for a fact that Jamie Harless of Lord Botetourt was one of the folks interviewed and was one of the folks who impressed the most.

20 minutes ago, Blue_Crue said:

Travis Turner one of 3...

Some of you were spot on in your "Turner happy in Big Stone" and "DB wouldn't lower themselves to SWVA" assessments. 

12 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Travis Turner one of 3...

Some of you were spot on in your "Turner happy in Big Stone" and "DB wouldn't lower themselves to SWVA" assessments. 

I was being sarcastic when I said what used to be the winningest program in Tennessee wouldn't lower themselves to reach out to a SWVA coach. That's how D-B fans view their program. 

If Tavis was to leave I wonder IF BARRY JONES would come home????BIG "IF'S I know but there will be a big hole to fill, TRAVIS is the heart of our program, he demands the kids are good kids on and off the field. I dont want to loose TRAVIS, but I will wish him well....after all GRAHAM CLARK was an old POWELL VALLEY COACH too

36 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

DB swerved all the media it seems and names Joey Christian their new head coach.

Tim Hayes Retweeted

Daniel KilgoreVerified account @DanielKilgore67

Daniel Kilgore Retweeted KCS Athletics Dept.

Congratulations to @KCS_District @KCS__Athletics for the great hire! Excited for the future of the football program and Joey continuing the winning tradition! As all ways, #RollTribe

https://bit.ly/2Ka0boP

great state