Thomas Jones Interview

Ryan4VT

• 4 months later...

42 minutes ago, Viking95 said:

Why, do people think this man is so great? Yes, he was a awesome talent in football, nobody can disagree. He needs to take lessons from someone who truly cares about kids, and the game. Jason Witten, is a true role model! Thomas Jones is a Joke and by far not a role model! 

Thomas Jones doesn't owe Big Stone Gap or anyone in it a damned thing. Get over yourself. 

55 minutes ago, Viking95 said:

Why, do people think this man is so great? Yes, he was a awesome talent in football, nobody can disagree. He needs to take lessons from someone who truly cares about kids, and the game. Jason Witten, is a true role model! Thomas Jones is a Joke and by far not a role model! 

You wanna explain how he’s NOT a role model? Kid from nothing went to the top of the mountain. Never been been in the headlines for th wrong reasons as far as I can remember. 

Please enlighten us?

2 hours ago, Viking95 said:

Did you graduate from PV in 95. If so you should be ashamed for that comment. Jealousy, any?  

5 hours ago, Viking95 said:

172.gif

21 hours ago, Viking95 said:

He's concerned about the physical toll the game took on him and others.  He discusses the possible effects CTE had on his friends Junior Seau and Jovan Belcher.  He's donating his brain to science and creating a documentary on the issue to help future players. 

I think this makes Thomas Jones an excellent role model who cares deeply about kids and the game.

1 hour ago, Liam McPoyle said:

He's concerned about the physical toll the game took on him and others.  He discusses the possible effects CTE had on his friends Junior Seau and Jovan Belcher.  He's donating his brain to science and creating a documentary on the issue to help future players. 

I think this makes Thomas Jones an excellent role model who cares deeply about kids and the game.

Exactly. I love the fact he was man enough to admit on our podcast that if he could go do it all again, it wouldn’t play because of how bad CTE is and how far the game has to go. 

As it stands today, I don’t want my 4 year old stepson to play football. It scares me to death. And it scares TJ, too. 

Thomas Jones should be investigated by the DEA, that’s all I will say about that. Anybody that truly knew him knows how hard he had it. That boy never ever was called racist word, he was one of the guys. Like I said he actions on the field can’t be talked about because he was a great back. But, the whole town is sick of how he  has protrades himself as a poor black kid that people picked on and had to walk to school up hill both ways, with no food on the table at the end of day lol BS. Sure is a good story line. Yeah, I would love to see if he would trade In That money for his health, bet you not. People are ashamed of him and the way he has told how hard he had it and it was a war of racism with him. Thomas if you read this great going bud, you sure did make yourself look like a victim. Hollywood did teach you something. How can a poor boy from nowhere have a new house giving to his family and a new Ford Expedition? The first year in college? Neither parent worked at time, and sure not the Dad. You where so hated!!!! 

TJ just like everyone else has those friends who have been on the other side of the law, several have been jailed for crimes involving drugs, he is/was/knew ERIC JONES, wanted for murder. There are always rumors about his involvement with these thing, but there is no proof. Just as SGT. FRIDAY said on DRAGNET...JUST STATE THE FACTS, JUST THE FACTS.What he is doing now has NOTHING to do with what he did for PV or UVA or his days in the NFL. He has given to PV and UNION, LIKE HIM OR NOT you cannot say he was anything but great...

What did I say, nobody can say anything about his action on the field!! It’s the fact that he giving false statements about his bring up to make people feel like he was a picked on little kid. That’s BS he knows it is. Thomas, is a lair, still involved in the other side of the law, and you people want to put him on this pedistal. He and others like him are what’s wrong with this country! Nobody wants anything from him or his family! Honslty, everybody laughs at him when he makes these types of comments. One day it will come out. People need to do research on these type people and quit being so quick to feel sorry for them, when they speak lies!!! 

1 hour ago, Viking95 said:

What did I say, nobody can say anything about his action on the field!! It’s the fact that he giving false statements about his bring up to make people feel like he was a picked on little kid. That’s BS he knows it is. Thomas, is a lair, still involved in the other side of the law, and you people want to put him on this pedistal. He and others like him are what’s wrong with this country! Nobody wants anything from him or his family! Honslty, everybody laughs at him when he makes these types of comments. One day it will come out. People need to do research on these type people and quit being so quick to feel sorry for them, when they speak lies!!! 

No one that has ever trod out a football field has been perfect, if you go through every school in Southwest Virginia some of their best athletes have not been good people. I am sure for that an African American kid in Big Stone or Appalachia never made it through unscathed when it comes to certain comments, unless Big Stone was a perfect place to live. (perception I guess) But no matter what he is the best opposing player I ever watched from the bleachers at GC or Bullitt Park. 

2 hours ago, Viking95 said:

Well if you want to talk about facts then prove what you are saying. Not hearsay. Solid, physical proof. 

also all the money they charged for those young kids to attend their "football camp" at UVA Wise when he stood to the side. What a Joke.

As @Viking95 mentioned, Jason Witten, take your children to one of his football camps and see how his interaction with the children are.

TJ is affliated with a murderer, he's a racist, he's a liar. 

No one from Big stone here is taking away his athleticism on the football field, we all know his talent

47 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

also all the money they charged for those young kids to attend their "football camp" at UVA Wise when he stood to the side. What a Joke.

As @Viking95 mentioned, Jason Witten, take your children to one of his football camps and see how his interaction with the children are.

TJ is affliated with a murderer, he's a racist, he's a liar. 

No one from Big stone here is taking away his athleticism on the football field, we all know his talent

"TJ is affliated with a murderer, he's a racist, he's a liar" - Do indulge?  I want to know more?  Pretty sure not every person in BSG or that knew Thomas feels the same way!  Just because Thomas moved away from the area, only comes home to see his parents, and left the town behind.  I don't agree with Thomas political view, but he has a right to say and do anything he wants.  I appreciate his successes, and glad to see him have them.  Everyone has skeletons in their closet, and just because Thomas had one football camp or helped his own kind, doesn't mean he is what you call him.  Many people that grew up with him think differently.  

20 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I know better than to get involved in these "territorial pissings" but a few of these comments smack of racism and I'm reasonably certain Thomas Jones isn't one of the posters!  Says more about the poster than the subject of the post!

Totally agree, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."  Seems like the post you mentioned has a lot of hate behind it, and I'd rather just stick to football on this board than to indulge in someone else's dirty laundry. Territorial pissings or not, to me this is not a place to throw stones at anyone.  Be careful if you live in a glass house, the stone that breaks the class may just come from within.