Rivalry Game(s)

Tigers_07

On 7/18/2018 at 9:27 AM, Widespread_Panic said:

UVA-Wise Vs. Emory & Henry. How these 2 teams don't play ever year is beyond stupid. Big gates and very competitive games but Emory refuses to play. 

You know how Montgomery is about this topic, it would take a special series of events for that game to ever happen again soon. Logically it makes sense, but logistically it won't happen. E&H likes to feel superior to UVAW, and that's only possible if you never play and take a chance on losing (again). UVAW has the advantages now, being D2, having a good coaching staff and talent on the rise so I de f don't see it happening soon. 

Being there in 2011, it was insane. The animosity is very real. I never realized it until I was in the middle of it, and both sides did nothing to curb the hate. I'm bias to one side and I'm sure Emory folks feel differently, but it's hard to deny this game doesn't happen because of Emory s refusals. For a period, UVAW was starving for games and were having to check with places from hours and hours away for games.

Montgomery has nothing to do with it.  E&H ran him off years ago now.  That guy was a lunatic.  

As for why it doesnt happen, UVAWs move to their current conference killed it for sure.  All of their football games are conference games.

• 2 weeks later...