Honest question

Weatherman

Im definitely not going to make the claim that Mac is an NBA player.....im just hoping he does well in college.  But to make the Power 5 comment when it comes to college basketball and claim hes not a Power 5 type player.....explain to me what other 5 conferences are better than the Big East?   Ill be waiting a long time to hear a response I guarantee it.   If he can do well in the BE, he could play in any conference in the country and hold his own.   At this point i just hope he has a successful career for the Hoyas and makes SWVA proud....but IMO he is by all accounts a "Power 5" type player.  That has nothing to do with being an NBA player....totally different animal. 

Theres only one conference thats clearly better than the Big East from top to bottom in basketball and thats the ACC. Id take the best 5 teams from the Big East over any of the other conferences aside from the ACC and feel very good about it.  

Rat: I was just taking a jab at someone that said those words about Mcclung near this time last year.  I would certainly agree with you, the Big East conference is a top 5 basketball conference and Georgetown is certainly a high major program.   My scouts are not that smart. LOL 

McClung is in a prime position to get a quality education at little to no personal expense.  Anything in addition is pure gravy!

Given 1.2% of all eligible college players get drafted while only 0.7% actually make an NBA roster, let’s wish the young man much success in pursuit of his education while enjoying four healthy seasons of major college basketball. 

14 hours ago, RiverRat24 said:

Im definitely not going to make the claim that Mac is an NBA player.....im just hoping he does well in college.  But to make the Power 5 comment when it comes to college basketball and claim hes not a Power 5 type player.....explain to me what other 5 conferences are better than the Big East?   Ill be waiting a long time to hear a response I guarantee it.   If he can do well in the BE, he could play in any conference in the country and hold his own.   At this point i just hope he has a successful career for the Hoyas and makes SWVA proud....but IMO he is by all accounts a "Power 5" type player.  That has nothing to do with being an NBA player....totally different animal. 

Theres only one conference thats clearly better than the Big East from top to bottom in basketball and thats the ACC. Id take the best 5 teams from the Big East over any of the other conferences aside from the ACC and feel very good about it.  

Funny thing though, a conference is more than it’s Top 5 teams.  Big East, in its new iteration, is excessively top-heavy (and Mac is not on one of the “top” teams).  ACC, SEC, and Big 12 were leaps and bounds better last year in terms of depth.  Last year was the rare anomaly where the Big Ten wasn’t.  

20 hours ago, 99Bama said:

Let's just be glad a kid from this end of the state made it D1, especially in basketball.

Agree. It seems like half of SWVA dislikes McClung for whatever reason but I hope nothing but the best for him. The NBA is a long way away but his performances in their summer league against other D1 players have been very impressive.