Questions for SWVA Sports Podcast Season Preview

Ryan4VT

We’re back!

Brady and I will be recording the season preview pod next week, so let’s hear the burning questions y’all have for this season?

As always, we love the real questions and the fun ones. So ask us anything. 

Lookong forward to a new year with new segments and some surprises for y’all. 

16 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

With the Star Power that we've had in our region over the last few seasons having graduated, who are the players, that we as fans should be on the lookout for, to become a "household name" so to speak?

Trenton Adkins of Ridgeview and Cam Allen of Graham, both with Power 5 offers/commits, have to be the two to keep an eye on on offense.

1.  With that said, who would be Ryan and Brady's picks for preseason offensive and defensive player of the year?

2.  Picks for each district winner in our coverage area as well as top 2 seeds for regions 1D and 2D.

I think a guy to watch defensively will be the Polier kid from Union. I was very impressed with him at DE last year, and if I am not mistaken he made a deep run in the state tournament in wrestling and has only got stronger!!!

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Trenton Adkins of Ridgeview and Cam Allen of Graham, both with Power 5 offers/commits, have to be the two to keep an eye on on offense.

1.  With that said, who would be Ryan and Brady's picks for preseason offensive and defensive player of the year?

2.  Picks for each district winner in our coverage area as well as top 2 seeds for regions 1D and 2D.

Defensively, of the 4 first team All-Region LBs, VHS has the only one who wasn't a senior. I believe the others were Vineyard from Graham, Kennedy from Union, and Johnson from Richlands. I know the VHS LB is set to play at the next level, but not Power 5.

For the big nasties up front, I really liked the sophomore from Marion. I believe his name was Moss.

You're probably already planning on some of these...

Ranking of expected finishes for each district in the coverage area.
Teams that will overachieve or underachieve.
Will Bluefield repeat?
Teams from Regions A, B, and C to look out for come playoff time.
Building on the "Ten SWVA football clashes headline the 2018 slate" from the BHC, what are some other contests that may turn into must see games?
What are you guys most excited for in the upcoming season...specific game, favorite concession food, specific player to watch, etc...?
What impact will Bailey Turner's return have on Union's prospects for the season?
If they get to that point, what playoff matchups do you most want to see that would NOT be a rematch from the regular season?

Brazil's Neymar suffered "spectacular" injuries during the World Cup. When would his season end if he played SWVA football?

A. First play of the benefit game

B. During the pre-game, non-contact walk-through

C. First day of practice

D. First day of summer weight lifting

E. Other

Neymar added one more clip to his Oscars 2019 reel.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:29 AM, Union_Fan said:

You're probably already planning on some of these...

Ranking of expected finishes for each district in the coverage area.
Teams that will overachieve or underachieve.
Will Bluefield repeat?
Teams from Regions A, B, and C to look out for come playoff time.
Building on the "Ten SWVA football clashes headline the 2018 slate" from the BHC, what are some other contests that may turn into must see games?
What are you guys most excited for in the upcoming season...specific game, favorite concession food, specific player to watch, etc...?
What impact will Bailey Turner's return have on Union's prospects for the season?
If they get to that point, what playoff matchups do you most want to see that would NOT be a rematch from the regular season?

While not Southwest Virginia. The Greeneville-Dobyns Bennett game on August 17th is the first one I will see..along with thousands of others. Greeneville has four D1 commits so far.

8 minutes ago, SXSW said:

While not Southwest Virginia. The Greeneville-Dobyns Bennett game on August 17th is the first one I will see..along with thousands of others. Greeneville has four D1 commits so far.

That will be a doozy! Is that at DB or Greeneville?

I'm regards to head coaching changes & additions of assistant coaches , Garrett Amburbey at  Abingdon, Darren Reed at GC, Tiller leaving FC for RiverView, Dennis "Snake" Palmer joining Graham staff just to name a few , will these chamges have a positive impact or significant contribution to their respective programs and SWVA football this season. All have fairly impressive track records.  

51 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm regards to head coaching changes & additions of assistant coaches , Garrett Amburbey at  Abingdon, Darren Reed at GC, Tiller leaving FC for RiverView, Dennis "Snake" Palmer joining Graham staff just to name a few , will these chamges have a positive impact or significant contribution to their respective programs and SWVA football this season. All have fairly impressive track records.  

We answered most of this at various points throughout the pod. 

Although, we didn’t know about Garrett heading to AHS when we recorded. 

6 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Tiller didn't go to RIVERview.  Lol