The first Graham-Beaver game I can remember going to...

GMan

Notice around the 24:10 mark, the Graham coaches are just standing on the sidelines...head coach around the line of scrimmage, the assistants at the end of the bench.

I am such a immature ass, I laugh every time I see Graham-Bluefield referred to as Graham-Beavers. It's funnier picturing beavers wearing G-Men uniforms, but it also leads to another, more interesting mental image of Graham alumni. 

On 7/19/2018 at 5:39 PM, BigWinners said:

I am such a immature ass, I laugh every time I see Graham-Bluefield referred to as Graham-Beavers. It's funnier picturing beavers wearing G-Men uniforms, but it also leads to another, more interesting mental image of Graham alumni. 

It is Graham-Beaver, no "s"...Bluefield was Beaver High School for many years before becoming Bluefield High School when a new school was built in the last 50s. 

The Graham-Beaver moniker stuck, or Beaver-Graham if you're from the 304 side of the line...it sticks more so with the "older" crowd than the younger folks...

On 7/21/2018 at 12:24 PM, GMan said:

It is Graham-Beaver, no "s"...Bluefield was Beaver High School for many years before becoming Bluefield High School when a new school was built in the last 50s. 

The Graham-Beaver moniker stuck, or Beaver-Graham if you're from the 304 side of the line...it sticks more so with the "older" crowd than the younger folks...

That strangely doesn't help me any, because now I just picture one single, gigantic beaver wearing a gigantic G-Men helmet and shoulder pads (no pants of course, he's a beaver). 

If anyone is interested, multiple Graham/Beaver games have been uploaded on YouTube the past couple of weeks. The most recent was the game in 2005, the first game after Coach Carlock passed. One of the more intense and passionately played games I have watched that have been uploaded so far.

On 7/24/2018 at 3:36 PM, BigWinners said:

That strangely doesn't help me any, because now I just picture one single, gigantic beaver wearing a gigantic G-Men helmet and shoulder pads (no pants of course, he's a beaver). 

Actually, the Beaver would be wearing a gigantic helmet with a "B" on it, not a G-star....

22 hours ago, GMan said:

Actually, the Beaver would be wearing a gigantic helmet with a "B" on it, not a G-star....

No you gotta combine them! Are you a novice in the arena of stupid imaginations? You gotta have some Graham mixed with some Bluefield so it represents both areas.