Preseason/Week 1 Top 10 poll.

Bearcat Dad

1 hour ago, 24282 said:

I had them at a solid 11.

If west va schools make the list why don't TN and KY

The list of teams in the coverage area are on that picture I made at the top of the page. There are a few WV teams included on this board. 

5 hours ago, Hokie101 said:

I don't follow WV high school sports so I didn't feel the need to vote on them.  I'd imagine all the polls that doesn't include them are in the same boat as me.  The only thing I know about them is what is written on this board.  I couldn't name another high school in the whole state other than Bluefield.

Then you know who they beat last year, that they’re the defending champions, and are expected to have a very strong, potentially state title team again this year. Probably deserve a top 10 ranking. 

17 hours ago, Hokie101 said:

I don't follow WV high school sports so I didn't feel the need to vote on them.  I'd imagine all the polls that doesn't include them are in the same boat as me.  The only thing I know about them is what is written on this board.  I couldn't name another high school in the whole state other than Bluefield.

I don't know much about WV football either, but I did see Bluefield whip the pants off of Gate City at Legion several years back, coincidentally on the very same night that Haysi lost to another WV school I can name in Tug Valley.

Everyone on this board should know what Bluefield is all about by now.

I can name Princeton, because I have seen their very nice stadium.  I can name Riverview (though I have no clue where they're at) because if I had a dime for every time someone confused them with Ridgeview, I'd be rich.  I can name Montcalm (though I also have no clue where they're at) because they've played Hurley for like 80 straight years now.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to use this poll as the official top 10 poll http://coalfieldsports.com/2018/08/01/preseason-top-10/. So try to vote prior to the 20th, please!! The weekly poll on here will be a weekly thing on the website. 

1. Bluefield

2. Ridgeview

3. Graham

4. Pulaski

5. Richlands

6  Union

7. Chilhowie

8. Virginia

9. Abingdon

10. Grundy

I forgot about Pulaski in my top 9..........I mean top 10.  So I'll take Galax out and insert Pulaski.

1.  Bluefield

2.  Graham

3.  Ridgeview

4.  Union

5.  Pulaski

6.  Richlands

7.  Virginia High

8.  Chilhowie

9.  Abingdon

10. Marion