Richlands 2018 Football Trailer - #Thunder18

Ryan4VT

16 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

They're also one of the top 5 greatest rock bands ever, so that could be another reason. 

That's debatable, but not my point. My point was that it's weird for so many schools in such close proximity to all use the same songs. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

That's debatable, but not my point. My point was that it's weird for so many schools in such close proximity to all use the same songs. 

It’s safe. It’s extremely popular. It gets fans pumped up. I don’t see the issue if multiple teams use it. I’ve really only seen 2 or 3 use it. Richlands has used Thunderstruck for 15 or so years now. And it make when perfect since with what the mascot is. Hells Bells works for GC. They could also use For Whom the Bell Tolls and it make sense, too. But I’m cool with schools using what suits them. 

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

It’s safe. It’s extremely popular. It gets fans pumped up. I don’t see the issue if multiple teams use it. I’ve really only seen 2 or 3 use it. Richlands has used Thunderstruck for 15 or so years now. And it make when perfect since with what the mascot is. Hells Bells works for GC. They could also use For Whom the Bell Tolls and it make sense, too. But I’m cool with schools using what suits them. 

It does suit Richlands, but Union? Not so much. There's no real connection between the song and Union, Bears or Big Stone. 

Oh and can you clean out your PMs?

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

It does suit Richlands, but Union? Not so much. There's no real connection between the song and Union, Bears or Big Stone. 

Oh and can you clean out your PMs?

Well no, but what does make sense with a Bear? The Super Bowl Shuffle??? lol

I did. 

A rock-themed song that matches Union is tough.  How about a bear-themed bluegrass song with a local connection?  Ole Slew Foot was recorded by Wise County natives Jim and Jesse McReynolds.. We shouldn't under estimate the power traditional music can have in sports.  UT fans absolutely lose their minds when they hear the song I won't mention.  Anyway, the song is about a legendary bear that is so large and so fast that he can't be caught by locals living in the mountains. Other versions were recorded by June Carter and Johnny Cash, Grateful Dead, Chris LeDoux, and Buck Owens.

Link to Jim and Jesse 1976 version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT5kU-Ff0s0

Ole Slew Foot by bluegrasslyrics.com

High on a mountain, tell me what do you see
Bear tracks bear tracks looking back at me
Better get your rifles before its too late
The bear’s got a little pig and he’s headed for the gate

He’s big around the middle and broad across the rump
   Running ninety miles an hour, taking thirty feet a jump
   Ain’t never been caught, he ain’t never been treed
   And some folks say he looks a lot like me

Saved up my money and bought me some bees
Started making honey way up in the trees
Cut down the trees but the honey’s all gone
Old slew foot has done made himself at home

Winter’s coming on and it’s forty below
River’s froze over, so where can he go
I’ll chase him up the gully and run him in the well
Shoot him in the bottom just to listen to him yell

excerpt from above article:

“Last year was our first losing season in 19 years,” Moir said. “I think we should be able to bounce back this year and I think the town still believes in us. We should have a pretty good year.”

Yes, Blue Tornado fans still believe... excited for a new season!!!

2 hours ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

Has the running game gonna be this year...I know Brown is gonna carry the ball sum..but hopefully we got sum speed back there also

Watch for Sean Tonney back there. Young but fast. Could get interesting. 

Old school: run the ball with a threat of passing.  New School: pass the ball with a threat of running.  Brown showed to be a good short yardage runner last year and having him in this position creates a great opportunity for options, but it will be good to know that Tonney can be thrown into the mix for the speed effect. I agree that this season will very interesting for the Blues.