Numbers

Ryan4VT

5 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Almost 3 times the previous when you take away the injured players last year...

I'm anxious to see how Tazewell progresses the next two or three seasons. I think they'll definitely be in contention in a year or two, may even surprise some people this year. 

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Very, Very Low..... also talks of not having a JV team this season. Just having 8th and 9th combined, and 10, 11th, and 12th combined. But that's all rumors right now. Maybe someone else can verify

Virginia High has done something similar. They have eliminated the middle school team, and 8th graders are playing JV, like in other sports.

On 7/30/2018 at 11:24 PM, Gridiron60 said:

http://www.bdtonline.com/gallery/

Looks to be several freshmen but seems they're having fun , working hard, and getting at it! Remember Adkins from Ridgeview was just a freshman last year; there may be a pearl amongst those oysters. 

And that pearl’s last name might just be  Bradshaw

7 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I was told that Giles has 19 or 20. Someone else stated that it looked like 30 with JV and Varsity combined.

I hear 27 varsity players...not all sophomores are on varsity...and yes it will be an 8th and 9th grade team instead of a JV from what I heard but because there were only 7-8 of the 8th graders that came out for football...simply embarrassing numbers this year

Oh well do the best they can is all you can ask

And please fans don't bitch and gripe at the coaches all year long if things go bad...we have been very damn lucky over the years and they are doing the best they can

17 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I hear 27 varsity players...not all sophomores are on varsity...and yes it will be an 8th and 9th grade team instead of a JV from what I heard but because there were only 7-8 of the 8th graders that came out for football...simply embarrassing numbers this year

Oh well do the best they can is all you can ask

And please fans don't bitch and gripe at the coaches all year long if things go bad...we have been very damn lucky over the years and they are doing the best they can

Thanks for verifying Hokie. I never thought id see numbers that low. I really enjoyed going to watch 8th and jv on Thursdays. I'm ready for a consolidation, but that's just me.

Absolutely pitiful numbers for giles this year. A 2A team with the numbers of a small 1A school. I'm sure the coaches will do great with what they have but I don't expect a great season with those numbers. Unless there is some major talent in a few positions.

28 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Thanks for verifying Hokie. I never thought id see numbers that low. I really enjoyed going to watch 8th and jv on Thursdays. I'm ready for a consolidation, but that's just me.

I've been ready for years...but one end of the county has fought it for years

9 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Absolutely pitiful numbers for giles this year. A 2A team with the numbers of a small 1A school. I'm sure the coaches will do great with what they have but I don't expect a great season with those numbers. Unless there is some major talent in a few positions.

Totally agree...pitiful and embarrassing