Questions for Pod

Ryan4VT

You mentioned that you guys will be doing POTW awards. How about a Preseason list of 4 or 5 returning players each from the SWD and Mountain 7 that you would expect to be in consideration at some point throughout the season. Sort of like NCAA's preseason All-American list or the countless preseason "Watch" lists. We know that we have one kid in each district with D1 offers, but there are others with D1, D2, D3, and NAIA interest, who will help make our Region be very competitive this season. Some of them we may know, but I'm sure there are some we would like to learn about.

If you could travel to see an out of state or out of area coverage team that you haven't seen in a regular season game, (so Belfry would count for both of you), what team would you choose?

For example, I couldn't pick Greeneville because I saw them several years ago against Tennessee High, but some of my choices would be:

Belfry (Kentucky), Johnson Central (Kentucky), Maryville (Tennessee), Alcoa (Tennessee), Oscar Smith (Virginia)

If you could pick any coach that has coached in this area to coach your schools football program right now, who would it be? Past or present

If you could change your schools team colors, would you change them and what would you pick?

Would Phil Robbins have as many state championships without Barry Jones being the defense coordinator? 

Phil had all the talent in the world and was a heck of a coach, but Barry was a master mind on the defensive side of the ball!

23 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm guessing Ridgeview might be the answer,  but which team in the SWVA do you think will be the surprise team of the season? Who do you think might be the most underrated player? (This question may have to wait until once season is underway). 

I don't know about the most, but VHS has one of the most underrated players, at least from a fan perspective. Coaches know him as he is 2 time All-District and was 1st team All-Region and Honorable Mention All-State last year on defense, and was All-District last year on offense as well. Players know him well too, as he is well respected by players that he has become friends with, around the region.

22 hours ago, bgibb said:

If you could pick any coach that has coached in this area to coach your schools football program right now, who would it be? Past or present

If you could change your schools team colors, would you change them and what would you pick?

I actually just second this dude's question.

I would throw best and worst uniforms in their as well.