Speaking of Helmets...

Sniper

Graham. But my all time favorite is the 1972 Bluefield Helmet.  It had a football with "We Believe" on the right side and a capital B with a Beaver standing through the B on the left side.

Right side view is here: https://www.facebook.com/136172729808499/photos/a.1472748899484202.1073741890.136172729808499/1619581344800956/?type=3&theater

Left side view is here: https://www.facebook.com/136172729808499/photos/a.1472748899484202.1073741890.136172729808499/1619581168134307/?type=3&theater

52 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Who do y'all think has the best helmets around the area? Helmets are always a favorite part of the uniforms for me. 

People will not recognize VHS with their new helmets. They are COMPLETELY different than anything they've had in the past.

I've seen lots of folks say they like the new Eastside helmets but they had a matte black helmet with a silver Spartan head on the sides a few years ago and I liked it pretty well. 

There aren't many helmets that I just don't like. Like I said, it's usually my favorite part of the uniform...although I don't like all white football uniforms. Not a fan of white pants and jerseys.  

5 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Even though I was on the first team to wear the Lighting R at Richlands I am still a fan of these two classic helmets. 

Harrison2.JPG

Dye.JPG

The top design was worn in 92 (State Championship team) and 93.  The bottom design was debuted in 94.  This was the helmet when the silver uniforms were worn in the playoff game versus Lee.  The helmet design in 91 was basically the top design with a few more frills (striping and outlined decals.)  I always equated this helmet design with the New York Giants helmet when it read "GIANTS."   In case anyone is wondering, the player at top is Chris Harrison, one of the best linebackers to play at Richlands.  He also doubled at TE, he would have been scary in a spread, pass happy offense.  He could knock the snot out of ya!

Those Eastside helmets are cringe worthy. Nicely done by Tazewell, very different and clean looking. Union’s white helmets are much better looking than the orange ones. But neither look very good. Very different approach for Va High this year. Looks like something Cincy would do. Assuming that’s a grey matte finish for Tomas Walker? Lighting looks weird but man, it’s a nice helmet. I’m burnt out on GC’s white helmets, but the decals are spot on. I’m hoping they go back to blue with white face masks...maybe next year? Wouldn’t mind seeing GC just flip flopping the blue and white. I’d even be a fan of going back to the cursive “Devils” with the pitchfork coming off the D on the left side and the S on the right side. Last year of that was 2008. 

43 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Those Eastside helmets are cringe worthy. Nicely done by Tazewell, very different and clean looking. Union’s white helmets are much better looking than the orange ones. But neither look very good. Very different approach for Va High this year. Looks like something Cincy would do. Assuming that’s a grey matte finish for Tomas Walker? Lighting looks weird but man, it’s a nice helmet. I’m burnt out on GC’s white helmets, but the decals are spot on. I’m hoping they go back to blue with white face masks...maybe next year? Wouldn’t mind seeing GC just flip flopping the blue and white. I’d even be a fan of going back to the cursive “Devils” with the pitchfork coming off the D on the left side and the S on the right side. Last year of that was 2008. 

You DON'T like Eastside's helmet?!?!?! That's legit my favorite in the area this year. Love that idea of having the state in the E ala the ETSU logo and having the star where Eastside is. 

3 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Thanks, @Bulldogs52. I'm glad to see the Bearcats change things up a little bit.

I have to admit, I'm partial to bulldogs, and when I saw y'alls bulldog outline helmets last year, I marked out a little bit 🤣

Those all black uni’s with orange numbers are sweet too!

I agree, Eastside is 1a or b with TW being the other.  Tazewell's are nice as well.  I like the matte helmets the best.  I think VHS would be better if they were the matte helmets that way the claws would pop more. I've always been a fan of Graham's helmets too.  I'd like to see GC go back to the blue helmets as well and never wear the black jerseys with gray pants ever again.

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

You DON'T like Eastside's helmet?!?!?! That's legit my favorite in the area this year. Love that idea of having the state in the E ala the ETSU logo and having the star where Eastside is. 

For real! I loved the new Eastside helmet, it looked awesome.