Speaking of Helmets...

Sniper

3 hours ago, GMan said:

I've always been told he picked Cardinal Red and Gold because he was a Redskins fan...prior to his arrival, athletic colors were same as school colors, maroon and gray.

Pretty sure this is true. Prior to Carlock, the team wore gray and maroon. CGC changed the colors when he got there to more resemble the Skins.

On 8/9/2018 at 3:01 PM, Flanker87 said:

I was told that Carlock took the colors from his time in the Marines. BSN (where younger Carlock now is employed) is now the Nike to their Oregon. So the colors shouldn't be shifting anytime soon. I'm a Bulldog and Kelly green is extremely difficult to mimic between suppliers. The one huge pet peeve I had with Graham and helmets and uniforms, especially when I played them, was the yellow gold on the helmet and number shadow and the Vegas gold pants.

17 hours ago, GMan said:

I've always been told he picked Cardinal Red and Gold because he was a Redskins fan...prior to his arrival, athletic colors were same as school colors, maroon and gray.

Coach Carlock told me himself that he picked the Redskins colors because he was fan. "Pigg" designed the G-Star.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:48 PM, FoxTrot said:

Sounds like Tazewell needs a solid brand and vendor, so that Kelly green color will stay the same. Graham has the best looking uniform in the state hands down. Cardinal/ Gold pops off anthracite. Same in football. 

832BE83F-6D18-401B-8566-FA6272ACBF8C.jpeg

We do need a solid vendor. We just don't have a Carlock that went from one end to the other and made BSN exclusive to only Graham. Its nice, but Kelly Green still pops better over that anthracite haha.

15 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

Carlock doesn't sale to Graham HS!  He will tell you that.  He is in Asheville, NC!  Better yet, feel free to ask anyone associated with Graham HS!!

I have to agree with FoxTrot just because...

Maybe someone at Tazewell should talk to him...

On 8/10/2018 at 10:58 PM, Liam McPoyle said:

Great story on Coach Hagy.

You remember correctly.  Marion's official colors are red and blue.  The blue was normally used as an accent or trim color but has disappeared for the most part since the 90s.  

Marion's current "color crisis" involves coaches and players trying to use black against the wishes of administrators .   

I recall, while working at Marion as an assistant in the late 90's that the head baseball coach, went with Blue as a dominant color with red trim. The A.D. would not allow us to wear those uniforms, and we had to resort to the old uniforms. An entire set of uniforms were handed out and given away as the result of this decision.

On 8/12/2018 at 10:18 AM, Bluefield researcher said:

Coach Carlock told me himself that he picked the Redskins colors because he was fan. "Pigg" designed the G-Star.

The late Ray Brooks designed the G Star.  He was a TV personality on the WHIS TV (now WVVA).  Formerly a member of Snoop and Scoop fame.