Scrimmage Games and Jamborees?

#BBN

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I had heard that the benefit game with Chilhowie started at 5:30?

Ridgeview has Lebanon in a scrimmage this Friday at 7:00.

I think that there is a JV Scrimmage/game at 5:30 with Varsity starting at 7:00ish

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

So the Ridgeview/Chilhowie game is a benefit game and not a jamboree?  I saw a 5:30 start time also and assumed it was part of a jamboree.

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Oh ok. I was just going by the Chilhowie's sports calendar. It had 7 pm on it for the Varsity. I didn't know they were having a JV scrimmage/game also.

On 8/6/2018 at 2:18 PM, Union_Fan said:

Union

Scrimmage - August 9th, 6/6:30 pm @Elizabethton, Tennessee

This will be an excellent test for the Bears as big things are expected from the Cyclones this year. https://www.wjhl.com/sports/elizabethton-has-high-expectations-for-2018-season/1329396698

Benefit game - August 16th, 7 pm @Va High

Isn't the benefit game at union.

40 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

It was at Union last year, and the Hudl page shows it at Va High this year. Unless for some very odd reason Va High decided to do it in BSG again.

I talked to one of the players and he said it was at union but you know how kids are he might not know

Galax scrimmaged Mount Airy to what I would considered a draw yesterday afternoon.  The Galax pass defense needs some work but the rush defense and offense looked very good. 

Mount Airy reached the state finals last year and have failed to reach the state quarterfinals only a couple of times in about a dozen years.  Exceptional program!  They have a star WR named Donovan Greene who has committed to play at Duke.

Graham is hosting Glenvar this evening. I have seen the times of 5 and 5:30 pm. Free admission for anyone wanting to check out the G-Men or the Highlanders.

On 8/7/2018 at 11:23 AM, CHS90 said:

Oh ok. I was just going by the Chilhowie's sports calendar. It had 7 pm on it for the Varsity. I didn't know they were having a JV scrimmage/game also.

I have heard 0 Details which makes me believe that there may be cracks in the armor

23 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Anyone hear how union looked in scrimmage.  I heard first team played real well but haven't heard many details.

Not many details as they passed sparingly and subbed in and out a lot. Good push on the D and O lines. I think we'll be able to get a better idea at the benefit game next week, but I believe we're going to be just fine this year.

18 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Not many details as they passed sparingly and subbed in and out a lot. Good push on the D and O lines. I think we'll be able to get a better idea at the benefit game next week, but I believe we're going to be just fine this year.

O and D lines should be the strength of there team that is for sure. 

I was impressed with Union’s showing overall. Offensively they will be very solid. Different formations, different personnel, and different approaches the whole scrimmage and they moved the ball well. Turner looked good, threw some really nice balls. The Turner-Falin  combo looked very good. Defensively they need some work, especially in the secondary. But it’s nothing that will cause problems. My biggest concern is depth. A lot of guys having to go both ways. Elizabethton was a good scrimmage for Union. They were abviously a couple weeks ahead in preparation. All in all it was a good start. 

They looked pretty good. Elizabethton’s QB is very good and the secondary had a few problems but obviously that was from just getting started. D line and LB looks good. If the secondary comes along they will be just fine. The new DC is doing a good job coaching kids up and Barry Jones being there will be a bonus.