Scrimmage Games and Jamborees?

#BBN

10 minutes ago, Counts said:

All but one play in that clip was 2nd team or JV.

I had been waiting for them to upload clips of their QB, #6. Need to check him out. 6'6" 225, and he's the real deal.

The 2nd clip you posted was 1st team. I think they picked out the worst plays. Haha 

1 minute ago, Counts said:

Yep no Clips of there QB those where the only 2 players that had anything posted yet and Highlight Videos can be VERY misleading

Yea, I'm a little disappointed. I think they posted more video last year.

Their QB has a clip of their scrimmage against Dobyns Bennett. They outscored DB and it was almost all due to him. He definitely gave our pass D a GOOD test.

20 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Yea, I'm a little disappointed. I think they posted more video last year.

Their QB has a clip of their scrimmage against Dobyns Bennett. They outscored DB and it was almost all due to him. He definitely gave our pass D a GOOD test.

Did they? The Coach T message boards had DB winning that on by 8 scores to 4 (Not that you can win a scrimmage LOL)

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

All but one play in that clip was 2nd team or JV.

I had been waiting for them to upload clips of their QB, #6. Need to check him out. 6'6" 225, and he's the real deal.

The 2nd clip you posted was 1st team. I think they picked out the worst plays. Haha 

Did Turner seem to be 100% 

30 minutes ago, Counts said:

Did they? The Coach T message boards had DB winning that on by 8 scores to 4 (Not that you can win a scrimmage LOL)

Hmm...hadn't seen the Coach T board, but my understanding was 1s vs 1s was 4-3 Elizabethton. I could be wrong though. 

7 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

He seemed fine to me. Movements looked natural. Had I not known he had a knee injury I wouldn't have known he had a knee injury. 

I always worry a little until they get that first hit out of the way

7 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I always worry a little until they get that first hit out of the way

Me too. Always the possibility of a psychological issue there coming back from a severe injury. He got a couple of hits. Nothing major, but enough I think. Didn't shy away at all.

9 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Can't charge for scrimmages.  Have to sanction jamborees/benefit games and send the VHSL a share of the gate.

The jamboree at Richlands tonight looked like a full fledged scrimmage but I guess tacking the name jamboree to it makes the difference. Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure why there was a difference. 

6 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Me too. Always the possibility of a psychological issue there coming back from a severe injury. He got a couple of hits. Nothing major, but enough I think. Didn't shy away at all.

There's a pretty good article about Bailey on the Coalfield Sports website

http://coalfieldsports.com/2018/08/10/spotlight-bears-qb-bailey-turner/

11 hours ago, Single A west said:

Anyone seen Giles 

Giles' offense looked lost in the scrimmage against HV. We have a huge line but the blocking wasnt great and the backfield is very inexperienced. We had 3-4 turnovers which I guess is expected in a scrimmage. Run defense looked solid but secondary needs alot of work. I went and watched Narrows, Carroll, and Pikeview on Saturday.  I would not rank Giles above any of those 3 right now, all about even in my opinion but I also dont know how good HV is this season. I think the potential is there for us to finish 6-4 or 7-3. Im sure the coaching staff will get the kinks worked out before district play.

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Giles' offense looked lost in the scrimmage against HV. We have a huge line but the blocking wasnt great and the backfield is very inexperienced. We had 3-4 turnovers which I guess is expected in a scrimmage. Run defense looked solid but secondary needs alot of work. I went and watched Narrows, Carroll, and Pikeview on Saturday.  I would not rank Giles above any of those 3 right now, all about even in my opinion but I also dont know how good HV is this season. I think the potential is there for us to finish 6-4 or 7-3. Im sure the coaching staff will get the kinks worked out before district play.

7-3 this year may and I stress may be a pipedream...we looked awful against HV

16 minutes ago, Wvumav said:

How did Narrows and Pikeview look?

About even. Pikeview lacks size but has some quick players. The rb #44 I believe doesn't go down easy. He isn't the fastest back but he runs hard.

Narrows defense looks to be competitive again. Didn't see much from their offense.

On 8/15/2018 at 8:49 AM, SWVAgridiron said:

Very uncharacteristic of Giles offense! Rough year ahead may be a good possibility. Are the backs fast/ shifty? I had thought some talent was coming up to replace what was lost.