Scrimmage Games and Jamborees?

#BBN

1 hour ago, nrv_football said:

Very uncharacteristic of Giles offense! Rough year ahead may be a good possibility. Are the backs fast/ shifty? I had thought some talent was coming up to replace what was lost. 

Backs have potential but they are young. I don’t see than making a transformation like Beidleman did from his Junior to Senior year but this will be a learning year for them.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that there is no emotion from this team or the coaches(based off of scrimmage). Not bad mouthing the coaching staff at all but when I see how other coaches really get into it, I can see how it effects the players. If coaches show no emotion, than neither will the players. 

I was watching Jack Turner(new head coach of Carroll Co) last Saturday at the scrimmage and while people may have mixed feelings about him, the way he goes about teaching his players when they do something wrong, and giving them recognition when they do something good by running up to them and hugging them is what I’d like to see on our sidelines.

Again, I’m not bad mouthing our coaching staff because I think we have a damn good staff, in my opinion we just need some more emotion. 

Galax beat Floyd 39-19.  Galax is young in several spots on the field and it showed at times. Two turnovers inside the 10 as a result of players being out of position. But that’s what these games are for. 

Galax has a lot of talent though with more depth than I can remember Dixon having in his career.  Not much drop in talent when the Galax reserves entered the game.

Floyd was big up front but got pushed around all night by the smaller Galax linemen. Floyd did have 57 players by my count. 

Dixon has developed a passing attack. First time I can recall a Dixon coached team throw more than run. They have a decision to make at QB. Both played extremely well. 

2 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Ridgeview 31

Chilhowie 20

Final in the benefit game tonight!

2nd strings for both teams starting with 3 or 4 minutes left in the 3rd. Chilhowie was up 20-17. Chilhowie started off a little sluggish but after a couple of series they started picking it up. Great game from both teams. I know there is a lot of attention on Adkins but Ridgeview's #22 is a heck of a running back. 

I went to the Ridgeview/Chilhowie game. I think it was tied when the starters came out. 17 all I think? Possibly Chilhowie up by 3? I don't recall exactly? Chilhowie will prob go 9-1 this season. Ridgeview should be fine as the season goes along but they could use more of a passing game other than screen passes. Ridgeview was in control at the start but Chilhowie became more efficient as the game went on. I personally think it was a good game considering both teams should be good this year and this was a benefit game. I'm sure each will improve as the season progresses. I just hope the injury to Adkins is minor and that the #25 from Chilhowie is ok. 

1 hour ago, CHS90 said:

2nd strings for both teams starting with 3 or 4 minutes left in the 3rd. Chilhowie was up 20-17. Chilhowie started off a little sluggish but after a couple of series they started picking it up. Great game from both teams. I know there is a lot of attention on Adkins but Ridgeview's #22 is a heck of a running back. 

This games was very beneficial for both teams. Its rare two of top teams in the area get to test each other out before things really get started. The score doesn't reflect how tight the game really was.

11 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

This games was very beneficial for both teams. Its rare two of top teams in the area get to test each other out before things really get started. The score doesn't reflect how tight the game really was.

I agree 100%. In my personal opinion that was a game featuring two of the top teams in the area and it was tight when the 1's were in there. Probably more beneficial than most benefit games as far as facing good competition. 

7 hours ago, Sniper said:

I went to the Ridgeview/Chilhowie game. I think it was tied when the starters came out. 17 all I think? Possibly Chilhowie up by 3? I don't recall exactly? Chilhowie will prob go 9-1 this season. Ridgeview should be fine as the season goes along but they could use more of a passing game other than screen passes. Ridgeview was in control at the start but Chilhowie became more efficient as the game went on. I personally think it was a good game considering both teams should be good this year and this was a benefit game. I'm sure each will improve as the season progresses. I just hope the injury to Adkins is minor and that the #25 from Chilhowie is ok. 

Good scrimmage tied at 17 at the half subbing a mix of 1s and 2s in the 3rd and straght 2s and 3s the 4th Chilhowie up 3 after a 42 yard fg that hit the upright and bounced in and Ridgeview missed a 38 yarder wide left

Chs has a tough rb and speed at qb nether team looks great passing and will need that addressed if they want to take there game to the next level