Scrimmage Games and Jamborees?

#BBN

Just wondering when and where everybody’s first scrimmage is?

Has most of the local teams done away with jamborees and went to benefit games?

I know when I played, I always liked playing in the jamboree, a couple different teams playing and the start of the excitement for the year!!!

Union

Scrimmage - August 9th, 6/6:30 pm @Elizabethton, Tennessee

This will be an excellent test for the Bears as big things are expected from the Cyclones this year. https://www.wjhl.com/sports/elizabethton-has-high-expectations-for-2018-season/1329396698

Benefit game - August 16th, 7 pm @Va High

Twin Valley v Northwood in a matchup of the purple panthers at 10 AM on August 11.

Also, it's my understanding Twin Springs will be at home versus Hancock County, TN on Friday August 10 at 6:00 so I'm not sure if they'll be at Central as stated above. I could be wrong but, this is the info I received last week.

5 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

I believe it is Thomas Walker instead of Twin Springs that will be at Central.

This would make sense as Nick Johnson (TW) played with Luke Owens(WC) at Grundy under Plymal who was the OC and now HC. Also, if I count correctly, I think Grundy has the most alumni currently in HC positions in the area, but I could be wrong. The 3 listed above, Church at Hurley, and Ward at Twin Valley. Does any other school have more?

2 hours ago, chipinbogey said:

Twin Valley v Northwood in a matchup of the purple panthers at 10 AM on August 11.

Also, it's my understanding Twin Springs will be at home versus Hancock County, TN on Friday August 10 at 6:00 so I'm not sure if they'll be at Central as stated above. I could be wrong but, this is the info I received last week.

Northwood is coming to Hurley on Saturday.  1 P.M. 

Rye Cove vs. Holston at 10 a.m.

Coach Moore has the Jamboree schedule on his FB page.