NEW WEBSITES...

GMan

In case you haven't noticed, two new websites have popped up recently.  I have pinned a post at the top of the board with links to each.

Nothing is changing here, just adding to the football coverage for Southwest Virginia and Southern West Virginia!!

Looking forward to being the "forum" portion of the new "family"!

Nice job, guys!!!

Excited to give our fans more coverage. The board says here are still the driving force. We funnel everything back here and pick up most of our content from stuff that happens here. I’m excited to see how much we can grow the board as we find fans out there who may not know this exists!!

46 minutes ago, GC_Quincy said:

I spent a lot of time on Four Seasons last night and this morning. It's fun to look through those scores and remember being there. A lot of great memories.....but also a lot of sour ones..lol. Great sites.

To be honest, that is what I wanted my original website to be like but I didn't have the time to put in the effort to do all that...that's how it ended up as a forum only.  Now, these guys have stepped up and have done a tremendous job in gathering information and putting it out there.  I will continue to be here, and hopefully, they'll continue doing what they are doing and these three sites will be the best you can find in Southwest VA and Southern WV.  I also have to give a ton of credit to VHSLhelper...what he does is also a tremendous addendum to everything that is here now!

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I keep getting site can't be reached on both links. 

Has to be on your end.  Working fine for me on two different computers at two separate locations.

23 hours ago, GMan said:

To be honest, that is what I wanted my original website to be like but I didn't have the time to put in the effort to do all that...that's how it ended up as a forum only.  Now, these guys have stepped up and have done a tremendous job in gathering information and putting it out there.  I will continue to be here, and hopefully, they'll continue doing what they are doing and these three sites will be the best you can find in Southwest VA and Southern WV.  I also have to give a ton of credit to VHSLhelper...what he does is also a tremendous addendum to everything that is here now!

Gilbert Smith had one similar. You could click on each score and bring up the original newspaper article for each game. I spent a lot of hours on there. Sadly, it went away after he passed away several years ago. I love this setup though. It's very good reference.

1 hour ago, GC_Quincy said:

Gilbert Smith had one similar. You could click on each score and bring up the original newspaper article for each game. I spent a lot of hours on there. Sadly, it went away after he passed away several years ago. I love this setup though. It's very good reference.

His site was the inspiration for me to start using excel to record my information. I had been using simple text documents and it was getting really burdensome. I was a complete novice at excel so I decided to call him for ideas as his phone number was on the site. Sadly his widow answered and it was just a few months after he had passed. I still have his spreadsheet as it was downloadable from the site but not any of the photos or articles.

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

His site was the inspiration for me to start using excel to record my information. I had been using simple text documents and it was getting really burdensome. I was a complete novice at excel so I decided to call him for ideas as his phone number was on the site. Sadly his widow answered and it was just a few months after he had passed. I still have his spreadsheet as it was downloadable from the site but not any of the photos or articles.

I have his sheet from the records against each school. I've kept it up to date for my own personal use but he had a ton of stuff. It's lunch time at work so I guess I'll check yours out again and relive more memories..lol. Great job!