Fort/JIB

Single A west

Was at fort/jib scrimmage. On first series jib scored on 10th from about 60 yards on deep fade from Houston Thacker. Fort able was sacked once on their first possession but they scored on about 7-8 play rushing for 85 yards on series. Second 10 play series mostly alternates ended after about 40yds for jib and 70yds for Fort. Next 10 play series for jib ended after 40 yds and fort rushed about yards for score. At end of 10 play part of scrimmage fort 2-1. On to regular play. First series Thacker hit receiver on 3rd and 7 on what looked like skinny post for about 20-25yd td. Fort drove and fumbled about 25yd line on their series. Next series jib drove to about 50 and punted. Jib held fort on next series. Jib defense adjusted and played much better in regular play. On last series substitutes jib punted and fort strode with scrimmaging ending fort 3-2. Jib has gotten much bigger along the lines. I had watched them play twice last year. I think Thacker is the best division 1 QB in west followed by Cale. Also stopped and watched chilhowie/honaker

Chilhowie dominated Honaker on both O and D. I left early. It was Chilhowie with 11 Td's to Honakers 1 TD. Chilhowie scored on every  possession. Both teams had about 40 dressed. Chilhowie looked good. Honaker has some work to do, but has potential to improve. The Chilhowie / Ridgeview benefit game May be a slobber knocker friday night.

2 hours ago, Single A west said:

Was at fort/jib scrimmage. On first series jib scored on 10th from about 45 yards on deep fade from Houston Thacker. Fort able was sacked once on their first possession but they scored on about 7-8 play rushing for 85 yards on series. Second 10 play series mostly alternates ended after about 40yds for jib and 70yds for Fort. Next 10 play series for jib ended after 40 yds and fort rushed about yards for score. At end of 10 play part of scrimmage fort 2-1. On to regular play. First series Thacker hit receiver on 3rd and 7 on what looked like skinny post for about 20-25yd td. Fort drove and fumbled about 25yd line on their series. Next series jib drove to about 50 and punted. Jib held fort on next series. Jib defense adjusted and played much better in regular play. On last series substitutes jib punted and fort strode with scrimmaging ending fort 3-2. Jib has gotten much bigger along the lines. I had watched them play twice last year. I think Thacker is the best division 1 QB in west followed by Cale. Also stopped and watched chilhowie/honaker

Can you fill me in on who Burton returns and who could be stand out players aside from Thacker and Culberson?

Steele had the second touchdown catch. I think it was Ingram that had a 40 yd run. Speaking for fort-coach Josh Wingate had a pretty good first scrimmage - kept it simple real basic plays on offense, hopefully will add more this week-he has some players that didn’t play because of not enough practice time. Second week of season when jib plays chilhowie will show how much improvement has been made for them. Fort has a chance to be better than last year.

Fort looked pretty good against john battle, rushed for 430yds. Had 3 good players graduate, that played both on off. and def. if they can come close to replacing them on def. they may surprise. Coaching has been pretty good. Adapting after halftime will be key. Of course as is with most teams it takes 4-5 games to see how a team is progressing