New Member to the Forum:

UNION#ATW

Hello Everyone, I’m not new to the Forums, but I am a new member as I have joined today. My son has moved into the Big Stone Area. I am also a Native of the Wise County, hoping for magic and success for my son that is playing for Union rite now. I have been and watched many special games from Appalachia/ Powell Valley. A little bit of History we are from North Carolina, a lot of good Foot Ball between fall and Spring leagues. Fill free to message me if you have any Question, once again nice to meet everyone. Hoping for a safe and outstanding year.

So, is your son Union's first North Carolina recruit???

Sorry, I'm only kidding.  Though, I thought I'd get that out of the way before someone else comes on here complaining...

Welcome to the board...at least he didn't land in Richlands...

Welcome to the board, and hope your son does well.  What position will he be trying out for, and how much experience does he bring with him.  Just want to be able to pick him out on the field in two-weeks at Richlands.  Wish him and you the best success and hope you enjoy the area.

Thanks for all the Reply's so far from everyone, I can say I'm one of the Biggest fans from SWVA Football. "They isn't nothing like it" My son plays a lot of defense positions, also special teams. As he did in North Carolina when he played traveling ball out of Charlotte N.C, he played both sides of the ball in the spring league. Today is a Big day for him in being part of Union's Season, we done a lot of traveling in regular season and playoffs last couple of years watching them. "GO BEARS"

6 minutes ago, UNION#ATW said:

Thanks for all the Reply's so far from everyone, I can say I'm one of the Biggest fans from SWVA Football. "They isn't nothing like it" My son plays a lot of defense positions, also special teams. As he did in North Carolina when he played traveling ball out of Charlotte N.C, he played both sides of the ball in the spring league. Today is a Big day for him in being part of Union's Season, we done a lot of traveling in regular season and playoffs last couple of years watching them. "GO BEARS"

I think our fan base looks forward to the Richlands / Union game more than any other game.  Just a kind word of advice: Don't leave this game until the final tick of the clock, no matter what the score is going into the fourth quarter, this one is usually decided in the last minute. Nail biters for the last four years, and its looking like another barn burner this year.

12 hours ago, GMan said:

So, is your son Union's first North Carolina recruit???

Sorry, I'm only kidding.  Though, I thought I'd get that out of the way before someone else comes on here complaining...

Welcome to the board...at least he didn't land in Richlands...

HAHAHA.  Come on G Man.  98% were thinking that exact comment.

Welcome to the board UNION#ATW Glad to have ya.  Now brace yourself.  It is football season and things tend to ramp up around here.

Welcome to the forum and to the Southwest Virginia area !  I think you will enjoy the football here but even more than that,  I think you will enjoy the great people of our area !  In my opinion,  some of the best you will ever meet !

All the best to your son and you & your family !