Things are getting soft in Georgia...

GMan

To clarify, the public school I root for in GA is North Gwinnett HS, who won the GA AAAAAAA State Championship last year...first time ever (opened in 1958) with a first year head coach. GO DAWGS!!!

Grayson High School is also AAAAAAA. Grayson has 10 or 11 D1 recruits on their team with Power 5 offers.  So, may be a bit of hyperbole re: the situation from the press. Going full contact in shorts, some are questioning on the local GA board  could possibly be against GHSA practice rules. 

The one thing in reading on the local GA board,  it was obviously a parent or someone certainly in the know, posted  there would be much more to come out re: about the HC. He, also, said some of these highly recruited players played through the season last year with serious injuries and the poster named the players  and  type of injuries.  IMO, not a wise thing to do, in trying to justify the no full contact in shorts walkout. 

Following is an article on some of these players.   http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/23378085/grayson-high-school-teammates-owen-pappoe-wanya-morris-kenyatta-watson-kevin-harris-commit

On the GA Board comments are running overwhelmingly in support of the Grayson FB coach. 

I laughed at one commenter...he said, " I'm sure it's south Georgia's fault."

I watched the Marietta AAAAAAA game against the Rome AAAAA team in second game of night in the Corky Kell games last night...it was not over until 12:45 a.m.

Marietta, (Richard Morgan, coach) team was huge....the Rome squad was smaller but fast... final score  51-41 Rome. 

Getting ready to watch the Buford/Tucker game being played at GA ST. Stadium part of Corky Kell...games being broadcast

The rest of the Corky Kell schedule (5 games) are being played at the Mercedes Benz today and being broadcast.  (Grayson is not playing)

Kell HS/E.Coweta are now playing ... North Gwinnett/ Brookwood will be the next game played.  Awesome, these high school kids get to play in such a venue.

Buford won big over Tucker.

EDIT:  The TV schedule said NG and Brookwood playing second game but the printed schedule has NGwinnett playing the 4th. game today, I believe that is correct.

Just watched halftime interviews and the two coaches for the upcoming game were  Mill Creek/Walton

I wanted to post final score of the North Gwinnett game...

North Gwinnett runs over Brookwood to a 37-2 win at Corky Kell Classic

https://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/sports/north-runs-over-brookwood-to-a---win-at/article_f9ffc3e3-1b99-5729-af47-94ea90ecef0b.html

Also, re:   The Grayson FB 'they did, they didn't storyline' … a follow up story to the purported 'walk out by players'...

Gary Thompson @VHSLscorer

https://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/sports/grayson-football-coach-defends-players-amid-reports-they-protested-physical/article_5c9306d8-df5a-5f21-985e-7ee76441cb08.html

great state