Giles @ Bluefield

SW_VA_boy

Halftime 

Giles 0

Bluefield 28

Old Coach Williams I knew would be blowing a gasket right now.  I've never seen a Giles team with this body language before.   Not sure what to think to be quite honest.

7 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Halftime 

Giles 0

Bluefield 28

Old Coach Williams I knew would be blowing a gasket right now.  I've never seen a Giles team with this body language before.   Not sure what to think to be quite honest.

I said this all week. No emotions at all on the sidelines

Then they walk out of the locker room and one of the assistant coaches is on his phone in the back of the end zone.   What the hell has happened in Pearisburg?  Who are these coaches and what did they do with old staff?

Bluefield is a very good team who will likely repeat. They are quick, big, and play like a team. Giles is young, inexperienced, and doesnt have team chemistry right now. I don’t see us having an 8 win season but I do think we will improve. I just want to see some more emotion on the sidelines from the players and coaches. Whether we go 0-10, 5-5 or 10-0, I’ll be there every Friday supporting our boys. 

Actually got to catch this game, in a nutshell, Giles is bad for lack of a better word! Anybody facing Bluefield is in trouble including my team next week. I honestly think overall Bluefield might be better this year than last. Graham better be at top of their game to even make it close as much as it pains me to say that. That line is massive! 

The line about it never being as good or as bad as it seems usually holds true but Bluefield is dominant.  Wouldn't surprise me if the only competitive games they have in the regular season is Graham and LB.  As far as Giles goes,  you can tell they are about as young as they've been in a long time.  Not sure there was anyway they were going to look good against this group they faced tonight.  Still amazed I didn't hear Jeff Williams blowing his top from the locker room from where I was standing.  The entire team just isn't carrying themselves like a Giles Spartan team usually does, from the top down.  Also, best wishes for a speedy recovery for the lineman that left the stadium on a stretcher in the 2nd quarter.  Hopefully it's nothing serious and he's back next week.