Giles @ Bluefield

SW_VA_boy

Most of what I have read here is accurate. As of now Giles is a young, inexperienced, no leadership, lazy, no emotion team. If they spent as much time trying to get better as they did making excuses and back talking their coach they might get better. This team will be much better mid season but right now u just can't sugarcoat it, they are not very good. As far as hearing Jeff  from the locker room screaming, he can't with this group of kids right now because they would quit. Rather they go 10-0 or 0 -10 I'll still be one of their biggest fans. On a side note, If Bluefield gets beat this year I'd love to see the team that beats them. They are great!!

5 minutes ago, singlewinger92 said:

Most of what I have read here is accurate. As of now Giles is a young, inexperienced, no leadership, lazy, no emotion team. If they spent as much time trying to get better as they did making excuses and back talking their coach they might get better. This team will be much better mid season but right now u just can't sugarcoat it, they are not very good. As far as hearing Jeff  from the locker room screaming, he can't with this group of kids right now because they would quit. Rather they go 10-0 or 0 -10 I'll still be one of their biggest fans. On a side note, If Bluefield gets beat this year I'd love to see the team that beats them. They are great!!

Well said, and Bluefield will go 10-0 regular season. I will bet anyone on this board about that. And I see what you’re saying about not screaming at the kids because these days they will quit. But tonight Giles did make a few good plays on defense and there should’ve been some excitement on the sidelines over it. Especially Bluefields second drive when we forced a 3 and out. I know they will improve, I just hope we can stay healthy and have the same amount of payers come week 10.

I didn't think Giles looked that bad. They were where they were supposed to be on offense and defense. I don't know how many seniors or underclassmen started but they did seem to be missing the type of player to fire them up. There is also no game breaker type player like they always seem to have. What killed them was the could not get around the end at all. It would have helped moral if they would have been able to complete the long pass in the 2nd Q when the receiver was wide open. Bluefield is very good but if they think they are unbeatable then they will get beat eventually and maybe Friday night.

9 hours ago, nrv_football said:

3-7 for Giles this year! Just plain terrible. Don't see this team winning more than 5 at best. They would be lucky to win 5 unless the coaches get things straight Quick.

We aren't going 3-7...yes we aren't good right now but we aren't terrible either...how many teams will we play that has anywhere near the team speed as Bluefield? ZERO...that's a hell of a football team right there

We aren't going 8-2 like normal either..but some our spoiled fans need to realize this team is VERY young and will take some time

On to Blacksburg next Friday...UGH