Richlands vs GC

who?

1 hour ago, Great City said:

Heard last night that Calhoun was injured and out for the year. Hope that is not true. He was going to be a bright spot for us.

He seemed to be plagued by injuries last season. 

Da Blues - 35

GC - 7

It should be fun watching Race and his receivers throwing ball all over the field.  They have some young guys that will be exciting to watch.  I hope they are able to get some semblance of a running game to go along with that.

They have some tall kids which if I'm not mistaken, I heard Rocky mention on the radio broadcast last week as being,  "15 kids at least 6'2" or taller"  with a receiver that is 6"5",  but the o-line doesn't have the beef that the blues are use to having which will hurt the blues in the running game against some of the teams they will be playing.  But the line will get better and are athletic,  but they are going to rely on Race throwing and the band of receivers catching the ball for the most part.

.  The D got pushed around a little at times last week which is a little worring especially when they get into the tough part of the schedule...........which doesn't take long, like in week 2 against Union !  But they are well coached and have some talent and will improve,  but they do play a tough schedule again this year.   I'm a "homer" and trust Mance and his staff to get the best out of these kids.  They have a good looking future with some of the freshman and Sophs.  they have on the team.  Going to be fun watching them grow and watch the air raid this year.

Good luck to all the teams starting tonight and I hope everyone has safe travels to and from the games !

I don't know how many times lately I've made the comment after seeing Richlands against Grundy that is the tallest football team I've ever seen.  I know a kid from Grundy that has to be at least 6'2 or 6'3 and he was looking up at several of Richlands players

Wish good travel for the Blues fans, a well played game, and injury free.  The last time I was at Legion Field they had deep fried oreo's and man they were delicious.  Can't make the game, but will be listening.  Good luck to both teams.

GC special teams was the bright spot of the night.  They had a couple of big plays, granted Richlands was kicking off a lot, but never could do anything with it.  The defense was put into difficult situations because of turnovers but I felt like they played decent.  The offense couldn't get out of its own way.  If I'm not mistaken they didn't get a first down until the 2nd half.  Richlands has some tall receivers which I thought they'd use more than they did.  It's hard to tell how good Richlands is because of how bad GC is.  Next week will be a better indication on how good they are.

3 minutes ago, Hokie101 said:

GC special teams was the bright spot of the night.  They had a couple of big plays, granted Richlands was kicking off a lot, but never could do anything with it.  The defense was put into difficult situations because of turnovers but I felt like they played decent.  The offense couldn't get out of its own way.  If I'm not mistaken they didn't get a first down until the 2nd half.  Richlands has some tall receivers which I thought they'd use more than they did.  It's hard to tell how good Richlands is because of how bad GC is.  Next week will be a better indication on how good they are.

My only gripe is we know we are going to lose this year. Lets lose playing true Gate City football and scrap that pistol junk. It really doesn't matter I guess though. Losing is losing and its going to be a long tough year. 

36 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Jason, does anyone there but Reed know GC football? 

What happened to Vermillion? Hope he isn’t banged up too bad, he’s punting for a good cause and possibly a free education. 

I didn't catch what happened to him but he was wearing a sling shortly after. 

10 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

What happened to Vermillion? Hope he isn’t banged up too bad, he’s punting for a good cause and possibly a free education. 

9 hours ago, Jason said:

I didn't catch what happened to him but he was wearing a sling shortly after. 

I was told that his shoulder "popped out of place." That's all I know.

4 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Does anyone from GC know why #12 doesn't get more playing time? He stood out in the GW scrimmage and scored the only touchdown last night, but was used very sparingly in both matchups.

It would be contrary to the narrative that the only problem at GC is a lack of talent. 

Can’t have that.