Bearcats vs Bulldogs

Bulldogs52

On 8/21/2018 at 5:00 PM, jarhead24219 said:

By far the best matchup this side of BLUEFIELD,two programs that have matured and ready to take the next step,28-21 TAZWELL...HOME FIELD IS WORTH 7

All I can say is 7:00 can't get here fast enough.  Been waiting for this day since the final game of last season!

2 hours ago, 99Bama said:

And the worst hotdog of the year goes to.........Tazewell!!!! What the heck happened to the hotdogs from last week?!?!

Last week was boosters, this week Lions Club!

First half was a classic case of freshmen and sophomores doing freshmen and sophomore things missed tackles, a couple people missing defensive assignments, and one really bad penalty. The second half Tazewell cleaned up a lot of those issues but I also felt like Va High got a little conservative too early.  Tazewell has the talent to compete their youth still shows through at times though. 

29 minutes ago, techfan said:

First half was a classic case of freshmen and sophomores doing freshmen and sophomore things missed tackles, a couple people missing defensive assignments, and one really bad penalty. The second half Tazewell cleaned up a lot of those issues but I also felt like Va High got a little conservative too early.  Tazewell has the talent to compete their youth still shows through at times though. 

Observations that I saw were pretty much spot on for the first half.  Tazewell handed them points on a gold platter with missed tackles and blown assignments.  I don't know that they got to conservative as their passing game is nowhere near what it was last year.  Their RB Rose is pretty good as far as breaking tackles and getting YAC.  Couple of penalties killed late drives by the Dogs.  V High will win games this year for sure just need to get more accuracy in their passing game.  Dogs will give teams a fit this year that used to look over them.  Tazewell could have easily give up and rolled over after being down by 22.  Considering V high is mostly seniors and Tazewell is mostly sophmores, I think they did one heck of a job last night.  I also rate the game last night as one of the better ones I have seen at Bulldog Stadium in several years.

After watching live last night, then getting to watch film, I have a few takeaways for each team;

For Tazewell, I saw some youth related mistakes, especially defensively. Also, that youth will only get better. They will win multiple games this season, that most won't expect them to. I can see them being a playoff team this year, while being one of the top teams in the region in 2019 and 2020.

For VHS, as I predicted on here earlier, our starting lineup can be dominant, early in games this season. We can hurt you in all 3 phases of the game. We have a big lack of depth, and it showed last night. Neither our top backup skill player, nor our top backup lineman were dressed for the game, because of injury. That is brutal for a team that already is thin in their depth to begin with.

Kudos to both teams on a hard fought game.

Kudos to Tazewell, for not giving up, after VHS laid an early beat down on them. Most teams would have rolled over after what transpired in the 1st quarter.

Kudos to the Bearcats, especially the 9 players who start on both sides of the ball, for hanging tough throughout the game, knowing that the team couldn't really afford for you guys to even take a small breather.

Good luck to the Bulldogs the rest of the way. Exciting times ahead for Tazewell!

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Tazewell’s gonna be dangerous in 2019 and scary in 2020.  Impressive effort.

They are going to be dangerous after a few games this season...that youth will get enough experience early this season and they won't make (as many of) those mistakes from mid-season on.  Just glad Graham plays them in week 2...they will win at least 5 of their last 6 games this season and finish at least 6-4 on the year...

34 minutes ago, GMan said:

They are going to be dangerous after a few games this season...that youth will get enough experience early this season and they won't make (as many of) those mistakes from mid-season on.  Just glad Graham plays them in week 2...they will win at least 5 of their last 6 games this season and finish at least 6-4 on the year...

That's exactly where I have them pegged I feel like they get to 6-4, I know nothing about Marion so that's my toss up between 6-4 and 5-5

1 hour ago, GMan said:

I feel the same, I believe once we get through Graham and Bluefield every game after that they can win!