Week 2 grudge: Union @ Richlands

CriticalNoise

27 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The odds of that are less than UVA beating VT in Blacksburg this year.

I’m gonna prove you wrong Friday. I always eat at the Moose before the game. We’ll see how long it takes. 🙂 

I'm going to go with Da Blues in a close game...28 to 24.......( have no idea where that score came from )  but I do think it will be another close game in this great rivalry.  The thing for me is how the blues D-line holds up to the Bears O-line.  The blues need to get off the field when they get the chance on 3rd downs.  If Union is able to control the line of scrimmage and keep the ball away from the blues and control the clock then the Bears will get the win.

On the flip side,  the Blues O-line has to be able to give Race enough time to fine his receivers.  Race is very mobil and can make a play if under pressure,  but to beat the bears the line needs to give him time to find those big receivers.  If the o-line does this,  then I think the Blues win this game.

Then again, I'm probably all wrong on everything I just wrote so just disregard everything I said !  I really have no idea about this game,  I just hope my Blues can pull this one out ! 

Oh,  by the way,  there is only 1 red light from the Moose to the high school and I have gotten there in under 4 minutes,  but we will not talk about the blue lights that followed me there.  They wanted my autograph...........or that's the story I'm going with !

Over eight games, the total margin is only 15 points (206-191). Only one game has been decided by more than six points, none by double digits, and six of the games have been decided by two points or fewer.

http://coalfieldsports.com/2018/08/30/richlands-union-has-became-swvas-annual-game-to-watch/

9 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

History says it is a great possibility.  Always a good game down to the wire.  All Union fans be safe traveling, hope for a great play and no injuries.  All have a good time.

GO BLUES!!!

It's game day ! 

Just want to wish all the Bears fans and their team a safe trip to and from Ernie Hicks this evening and also a safe ride for all of our Richlands fans too !  Also wish the same to all the fans and teams of all the games tonight !

It should be another great game and hope both teams come out of the game healthy !  Always look so forward to this matchup !

Good luck to both............but maybe just a little more for my Blues !

I think that Richlands looked than Union better in their preseason tune ups last week, and I think Richlands D will be the reason they win. Union's going to have a nice year, but last year was their year and they couldn't get it done, and Union may have a better record at the end of the season than Richlands ( the Blues play a significantly tougher schedule) I am saying Richlands 34-24.

I know that was so CHEEZY, I just had to say it.  Here's to you my friend, have a good trip over, get a good meal at the Bearded Moose,  cheer for your team and let the games begin.  I know this is going to be a classic and the respect these two teams have for each other is a good reflection of their fan bases (well, most of them).

Be safe in your travel, hope you enjoy your time in "Blues" country.