VOTE for Week 3 Top 10 List

Bearcat Dad

Maybe y’all should start covering them. I played for Powell Valley and I have pride in what our teams do down home but after watching these guys I can without a doubt say they are an amazing program and need to be noticed. 

13 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

Maybe y’all should start covering them. I played for Powell Valley and I have pride in what our teams do down home but after watching these guys I can without a doubt say they are an amazing program and need to be noticed. 

I don't think anyone is going to argue about how good Salem or their program is, but I don't think anyone would accept them as SWVA. I don't believe Roanoke would want to be considered SWVA either. Would probably be an insult. 

53 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

I believe there is a growing perception that people dont care what bluefield does. It seems only the tazewell county teams do as they are the only ones defending it. In reality it would help me more if we covered clairborne county tn, hancock county tn, and bell county ky schools more than tazewell or bluefield.

That explains the positive reactions to my post from people in Washington and Dickenson Counties.  The only people who consistently fail to rank Bluefield are your tiny contingency from Ewing, Virginia (read: only you and 24282, who I’m not convinced isn’t just you under a different SN).

If you love NETN and EKY so much, create your own message board where you can shun Tazewell County and WV all you want.  GMan has been abundantly clear on this through the years, SWVA includes Bluefield, WV and the Mercer County, WV schools.  It includes Monroe County, WV.  It would include McDowell County, WV if their teams were good.

10 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

That explains the positive reactions to my post from people in Washington and Dickenson Counties.  The only people who consistently fail to rank Bluefield are your tiny contingency from Ewing, Virginia (read: only you and 24282, who I’m not convinced isn’t just you under a different SN).

If you love NETN and EKY so much, create your own message board where you can shun Tazewell County and WV all you want.  GMan has been abundantly clear on this through the years, SWVA included Bluefield, WV.  It includes Monroe County, WV.  It would include McDowell County, WV if their teams were good.

1st Have a admin check IPs before making claims.

2nd you are adding words and making ghosts appear. I didn't say anything about changing the boards policies just what would benefit me. I use several forums for my needs

3rd for someone all knowing about forums, you tend to force your opinion on to others. You of all people should know it wont change anything and now you are being childish with your top 10. Seriously?

Take the keyboard out of your hands and approach a wall.

Bang head on wall 

Repeat.

Just as useful

Better look at the map of VA. Roanoke is southwest Va and actually proud to be part of it. I’m just saying if we include WVA (and I have no objection to it) Then Salem needs some love on here

10 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

1st Have a admin check IPs before making claims.

2nd you are adding words and making ghosts appear. I didn't say anything about changing the boards policies just what would benefit me. I use several forums for my needs

3rd for someone all knowing about forums, you tend to force your opinion on to others. You of all people should know it wont change anything and now you are being childish with your top 10. Seriously?

Take the keyboard out of your hands and approach a wall.

Bang head on wall 

Repeat.

Just as useful

The poster formerly known as the zip code for St. Charles, VA is the ones trying to argue a ridiculous straightforward point that has been the rule of law on this board for a decade.  I think EH31 said it best: 

13 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Why is it this hard? 

I’m arguing for a point and principle.  However, you’re arguing against a person.  That maxim is showing.  For the second time in a week, you’ve stuck your nose in where it doesn’t belong.  For the second time in a week, I’ll give you a chance to save face by excusing yourself from further discussion.

3 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The poster formerly known as the zip code for St. Charles, VA is the ones trying to argue a ridiculous straightforward point that has been the rule of law on this board for a decade.  I think EH31 said it best: 

I’m arguing for a point and principle.  However, you’re arguing against a person.  That maxim is showing.  For the second time in a week, you’ve stuck your nose in where it doesn’t belong.  For the second time in a week, I’ll give you a chance to save face by excusing yourself from further discussion.

Dont write a check you cant cash. 

Just now, UVAObserver said:

ddd309be85d04b82610c575a8f8c8c5f--sophia

You keep posting and the fact that you are being childish with your top 10, and arguing a point. You cant really use the explanation that you dont care because obviously you do. You took my explanation to 24282 posting as an arguement. You want my post to be an arguement so you can slam it, and you dont want to accept that I dont care about anything about Bluefield. Sorry but this week it's your turn to not poke the bear.

17 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

St Charles, whoooo, ruff country,as a visitor one should get out before dark, kinda like wrong turn WV. To say rules are rules ....well I personally think Greenville Tn is 2 or 3 steps above all the teams here but again not in the coverage area, with 4 div. 1 commits 

I love forum arguments. They are always so interesting. I will say this though, SWVA is a region of the state of Virginia geographically marked by borders to NC, WVA, KY, TN and Campbell Co VA. (Bedford is in Campbell and is considered SWVA but at the Lynchburg City Line starts Central VA). I understand that our forum is based more on communities that share common interest more than geographical regions but I feel that if teams like Bluefield WVA are part of our common interest then maybe we should open our minds up to the possibility of a team within our geographical region be covered as well. Roanoke co schools have wonderful football programs but the fan base isn’t what we have down home. I’d be safe in saying that more people turn out to a Grayson co game than do to a cave spring or Patrick Henry (Roanoke city school) game. Let’s show these schools some love. Therefore I ask we include Salem Glenvar William Byrd Northside cave spring. Hidden valley William Fleming and Patrick Henry in our discussions. These are SWVA schools and despite Salem most teams down home would play a good game against any of these schools

3 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

St Charles, whoooo, ruff country,as a visitor one should get out before dark, kinda like wrong turn WV. To say rules are rules ....well I personally think Greenville Tn is 2 or 3 steps above all the teams here but again not in the coverage area, with 4 div. 1 commits 

I worked in the Knoxville area for 5 years. I have a fond love for NETN football as well. Greeneville would beat any team in SWVA except Salem. I’d play money on Salem beating most schools from Knoxville to Roanoke by a margin of two tds. Yes Blacksburg beat them last year on an amazing game played by Cloe Beck but I feel even the green devils would fall victim to the Spartans of Salem

5 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

You keep posting and the fact that you are being childish with your top 10, and arguing a point. You cant really use the explanation that you dont care because obviously you do. You took my explanation to 24282 posting as an arguement. You want my post to be an arguement so you can slam it, and you dont want to accept that I dont care about anything about Bluefield. Sorry but this week it's your turn to not poke the bear.

You usually have to have some sort of leverage to use the “don’t poke the bear” line.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but it doesn’t have the same force and effect as the original.  

The 2nd largest shame is that people can’t abide by the instruction of “pick 10 of these X number of teams” as your Top 10.  The largest shame is that people jump in to defend it despite being entirely in the wrong.

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

You usually have to have some sort of leverage to use the “don’t poke the bear” line.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but it doesn’t have the same force and effect as the original.  

The 2nd largest shame is that people can’t abide by the instruction of “pick 10 of these X number of teams” as your Top 10.  The largest shame is that people jump in to defend it despite being entirely in the wrong.

The fact that you perceived my statement as imitation instead of mockery shows how far off you are. Which leads me to ignore your opinion of me being wrong. Not that I cared about your opinion. Good day sir, maybe next week you can sway my opinion to join your m"asses."

I think the SEC network should start covering Virginia Tech, West Virginia and UVA. It's only fair.

While we are at it.

Nickelodeon should air NFL games.

Burger King should serve Big Mac's.

Coke should make Pepsi.

CMT should air rap music.

$5 bills should be worth $1000.

Winter should be summer.

NFL Network should cover European soccer.

12 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

The fact that you perceived my statement as imitation instead of mockery shows how far off you are. Which leads me to ignore your opinion of me being wrong. Not that I cared about your opinion. Good day sir, maybe next week you can sway my opinion to join your m"asses."

You cared enough to wage an hour-long tirade. 

You made a statement that simply wasn’t supported by the facts (unless you consider increase from 2 people to 3 people a “growing contingency”).  Further, you failed to acknowledge that the overwhelming sentiment on this board, from almost literally every part of SWVA east of Jonesville, is that the teams listed in the SWVASports coverage area are crystal clear and that there is no true movement to amend that.  In fact, there was significant mockery aimed toward the “Bluefield deniers” last week.  I called that out, and again, you responded inappropriately.

Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day.

Just now, PV2VT said:

Narrow minds think alike. I’m saying if we cover WVA teams EKY teams or NETN teams (no matter if they play SWVA teams or not) then let’s add other SWVA teams. 

Not meant for you UVAObserver. The comment prior to yours though

Ok, since the mods graciously allowed me to run the Top 10 List over the course of this season, I'm gonna put an end to this argument. As @Ryan4VT stated on the podcast last week, it's very time consuming to tally everyone's votes, as it is, without having to go thru everyone's opinions on who should or should not be considered, or having to wade thru a pissing contest between posters.

@UVAObserver you are absolutely correct, that anyone who doesn't include Bluefield in their poll, is either biased or doesn't know what they are doing.

@PV2VT you are absolutely correct as well. Salem is as good as it gets in this area, but the site creators have decided that they are not in our coverage area. That is not going to change. You don't have to like it, but that's just the way it is. They will not be included in the final results of our poll.

@24282 has every right to include or exclude anyone in our coverage area in his poll. I also think it's crazy to leave Bluefield out, but Harambe received multiple write-in votes in our last presidential election. As stupid as that was, it was their right.

@UVAObserver & @TwhscoachT I've respected a lot of the material both of you guys have added to this site in my couple of years here. I understand that you guys don't get along, but I would appreciate it if you guys wouldn't clutter up these particular thread with your beef. 

Thanks to everyone who votes. Let's try to do our best in keeping these weekly threads to voting only. You can add a brief description as to why you feel the way you do on your own post, but it's much appreciated by me, if these threads don't have more argument posts than actual voting posts. We may not all get along, but we all do love football and we love our team and players that we pull for. This thread needs to focus on that......Thanks!