SHOWDOWN ON THE RIDGE!

cwood78

22 hours ago, chipinbogey said:

Holy smokes. That's a logistical nightmare from an admin and officiating standpoint. It will be a very soggy game if this forecast holds up. The only good news is it will be on turf, but even with the amount of rain forecasted, I'm not sure how well it will drain. I'm not an expert on anything though.

When I look at this forecast, the only game I can recall that was like this was the 1996 AA semifinal with Grundy v Salem at Tazewell. Game was moved to Tazewell on Thursday IIRC due to field conditions at Grundy. Admittedly, that field was gone by that time of year, but Tazewell was in the exact same shape. Effin Salem, insert eye roll.

Yeah, Salem has had a history of not wanting to play in the mud, guess they don't like the longer mud cleats. Ha! Ha!

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Giles has been known to distract teams while they were in there huddle ....lol call me up if the Bears need back up!

Yep, I certainly remember that guy up there a few years ago with his headlights on bright the whole damn game.  Didn't matter on the end result, but still annoyed the hell out of me trying to watch the action on that end of the field.

As far as the horn goes, Lee High always brought theirs and it never seemed to help them out.  😄

23 hours ago, chipinbogey said:

... the only game I can recall that was like this was the 1996 AA semifinal with Grundy v Salem at Tazewell. Game was moved to Tazewell on Thursday IIRC due to field conditions at Grundy. Admittedly, that field was gone by that time of year, but Tazewell was in the exact same shape. Effin Salem, insert eye roll.

field conditions  was the REAL reason... but the VHSL's "official" reason was a 'safety concern'... we didn't have visitors side seating yet.

33 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

field conditions  was the REAL reason... but the VHSL's "official" reason was a 'safety concern'... we didn't have visitors side seating yet.

That rings a bell as I had a lot of family in administration at GHS at that time. I'm not sure why as it had hosted many Grundy/Hurley, Grundy/Richlands games with no issue. That one will always stick in my craw. Niether field was really suitable for play, but it had to go on.

24 minutes ago, UniON_FoOtBaLL said:

weather is not looking a lot better then what was showing at the start of the week

It may rain..but it's not gonna be as bad as everyone expected at beginning of week...

Is kickoff at 7pm and do the gates open at 5pm?

I hope the weather holds out, so its a good clean football game. Don't want the losing team to blame weather as a factor.

Excited to see all the talent in this game and my first game at Ridgeview campus. I hear its beautiful.

5 hours ago, #BBN said:

Is kickoff at 7pm and do the gates open at 5pm?

I hope the weather holds out, so its a good clean football game. Don't want the losing team to blame weather as a factor.

Excited to see all the talent in this game and my first game at Ridgeview campus. I hear its beautiful.

Love the fact that you are a UK fan, Blue and White all the way, GO CATS!!!!, hope you enjoy the game, it is a great setting for what should be a good game.

I’m blue all the way through....from basketball, to football, to anything UK, I’m right there behind them!!!

Im excited to watch this game, two very tough teams on a beautiful night!!!! Nothing like it!!

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I think Ridgeview was simply the best team tonight. Good luck to the Pack the rest of the way.

Hoping for a rematch!

I agree with this. With the way the game went, I’m surprised the score wasn’t worse than it was. 

#7 for Ridgeview was all over the field. Very impressive. 

Congrats.