SHOWDOWN ON THE RIDGE!

cwood78

Ridgeview outworked,out played and was a much better TEAM than Union tonight, yes Union didn’t bring it’s A game tonight but Ridgeview had everything to do with that. No need in telling you this but Adkins is a stud but your QB beat us with his runs and passing . Again congrats Wolfpack

On 9/13/2018 at 8:28 PM, Unionguy_2017 said:

That SHOULD be fine. However, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if 6 was cutting it tight. 

Took up residence along the fence, great game, Ridgeview just the better team tonight. I'd like to see a rematch and Union bring their A game. These two are definitely top two in the area for 2A. 

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Ridgeview impressed me in a couple of ways. First, they controlled the line of scrimmage  on both sides of the ball. Also, they flew to the ball faster on D than any team I’ve seen in a while. I wouldn’t say that Union didn’t have its “A” game, I think Ridgeview took it away. I honestly think Union was out coached tonight. The play calling hurt the Bears too. I completely understand wanting to establish the run but we have to many options in the passing game to stay in be T, especially when a team is dead set on stopping it. IMO, #10 & #80 for Union need to play more of a role in the offense. And I’d love to see them use the middle of the field. 

Gettting off that soapbox, congrats to the Pack on a hell of a game!

17 minutes ago, GoBearsGo said:

I completely understand wanting to establish the run but we have to many options in the passing game to stay in be T, especially when a team is dead set on stopping it. IMO, #10 & #80 for Union need to play more of a role in the offense. And I’d love to see them use the middle of the field. 

I do wish they were used more. I’m not sure it would have made the biggest difference tonight though. 

Congrats to the Pack!!!! Very impressive team. Like the above comment, the defense was so fast to the ball and took away the running game to the outside. Line play was huge in this game and Ridgeview won it on both sides of the ball. Ridgeview has a very balanced attack. Was impressed with Adkins, he’s going to be something special. QB and other RB was very impressive as well.

I agree the passing game needs to be used more, but you have to have receivers that are going to buy into it and run good crisp routes every time the ball is snapped, instead of jogging off the ball for 5 yards because they know it’s not coming their way. That definitely doesn’t help any in the passing game. Makes it very hard on a QB when all you have is one place to throw the ball, because no other receiver is running a hard route.

Great atmosphere and beautiful campus and place to watch a football game.

Hats off to Ridgeview and Good Luck the rest of the way!!!

1 hour ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I agree with this. With the way the game went, I’m surprised the score wasn’t worse than it was. 

#7 for Ridgeview was all over the field. Very impressive. 

Congrats. 

Pretty impressive considering he damn near cut his hand off in the auto body shop this week.

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

Ridgeview outworked,out played and was a much better TEAM than Union tonight, yes Union didn’t bring it’s A game tonight but Ridgeview had everything to do with that. No need in telling you this but Adkins is a stud but your QB beat us with his runs and passing . Again congrats Wolfpack

About time we got some respect from you... that 32-14 pick was asinine.  Guess we won't be seeing Bullitt Park in the rematch in the playoffs either if it happens.  Guess you'll be coming back to the Ridge.😄

5 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

About time we got some respect from you... that 32-14 pick was asinine.  Guess we won't be seeing Bullitt Park in the rematch in the playoffs either if it happens.  Guess you'll be coming back to the Ridge.😄

We hell , what position did you play?take the complement,Ridgeview earned it ...not you or I, but “they earned it”but if you need to say “I respect you , don’t know you, don’t care to , but the kids from Ridgeview , yes they are a very good ball club

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

We hell , what position did you play?take the complement,Ridgeview earned it ...not you or I, but “they earned it”but if you need to say “I respect you , don’t know you, don’t care to , but the kids from Ridgeview , yes they are a very good ball club

I just know enough that people from your own town don't like you so that says a lot right there.

3 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Oh by the way, I liked the pre snap music, And the hot dogs were great

I disagree on the hot dogs....I dont like sweet chili, IMO chili was mean to have a slight spiciness to it...not be sweet.  They have laffy taffy for that..

5 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Wouldn't say that just yet..still a lot of football to be played...

Didn't see the game, but my hat goes out to anyone who beats Union.  Congrats to the Wolfpack.  There is an old saying, "Respect has to be earned", and I think Ridgeview earned a lot of respect by winning this game.  It's odd that some fans want the glory for what the team has done, but in a way we all are sometimes like that.  When our team wins, we say "WE WON", but when our team looses we often hear "They Lost".  Hope you Wolfpack fans can learn to say "WE LOST" when the victory escapes your team.

I don't blame you for wanting to boast about the win over Union, but at the same time, remember its the boys and coaches on the field that won the game and I give them all the due credit, they earned it.

6 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I just know enough that people from your own town don't like you so that says a lot right there.

Hahahahaha, sounds like I may have to get you a comfort dog or something, as far as a lot of people not liking me well your right, drug dealers , rapist, murders, thieves ect, don’t , my feelings aren’t hurt, right “Hurl”, we can’t all be Big Winners, 

15 minutes ago, 2000wave said:

Anyone have stats for the game? I've used my 10 free articles up on Bristol herald.. 

Don’t have exact but Union was held to about 160 total yards while Ridgeview had about 160 passing and over 250 running

13 minutes ago, 2000wave said:

Anyone have stats for the game? I've used my 10 free articles up on Bristol herald.. 

First Downs: U 7, R 16; Rushes-Yards: U 30-89, R 43-225; Passing Yards: U 68, R 145; Comp.-Att.-Int.: U 8-15-1, R 10-18-2; Fumbles-Lost: U 1-0, R 6-1; Penalties-Yards: U 6-50, R 8-66; Punts-Average: U 5-35.6; R 2-36.5.

43 minutes ago, 2000wave said:

I didnt realize ridgeview had 6 fumbles...I for sure thought the first two turnovers was the game changer.  Was afraid ridgeview would lay down...

Mark of a champion, premature yes but a very good start

6 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Hahahahaha, sounds like I may have to get you a comfort dog or something, as far as a lot of people not liking me well your right, drug dealers , rapist, murders, thieves ect, don’t , my feelings aren’t hurt, right “Hurl”, we can’t all be Big Winners, 

I didn't say shit about you, you turd. I'm FAR from the only person in BSG thatbdoesnt like you, believe that, and I never said anything ahout you.