Big game at Warrior stadium!

CHS90

What is everyone's thoughts about the game between the Chilhowie vs Goerge Wythe? Chilhowie came close last year. I think if not for a few miscues last year, Chilhowie should have came out with the win instead. They haven't beaten the Maroons since 2013. From how both teams played Marion, it should be a great game.

IIts goin to be a good game but GW is determined and will fight to the end.However Chilhowie cannot stop GW qb. He is fast and can throw the hell out of the ball. This qb can break tackle after tackle and get away from you. Who the heck is this kid? 

.sorry but Maroons are looking tough. .GW with this Win

I dont know of a better team coming up thru the ranks that Chilhowie team.  8th grade on they have been dominant.  I watched them play as 8th graders - dominant.  I think they win by 20 points or more.  They have the players & coaching to do it.  I think they will be undefeated when they play my rebels.  I also think my rebels will be undefeated at that point too.  Both should be in the Super 7 then and it will be exciting.  Go REBELS!

GW offensively is better than last year. The difference in GW this year is the QB is a leader that has been missing the past 3 years. The QB is also a much better QB than we have had in a long time.

This QB is a lot of fun to watch play. He gives 110% on every play and he expects his teammates to do the same; and they do. Leadership is what it's all about. Regardless of talent, if you don't have a leader

; at best you are only going to be an average team. 

I would think that GW's blowout win over Marion  got the attention of Chilhowie. GW has frustrated Chilhowie over the years. I think some thought GW would be down this year, but not so fast. GW is very skilled, quick, and well coached. Chilhowie had better play good defense, and execute on offense. If GW's QB has time to throw, CHS May find themselves in a shootout, something no one would want with GW. Chilhowie 35  GW 30

GW has a great defense and their QB is smart and  not to mention, runs fast with the ball too. it looks like some underestimate GW.I hope GW gives Chilhowie a run for their money. GW 27 CHS 7

Even though it's unlikely to happen this weekend, I figured I would weigh in on this one with a little bit more depth than just "I think Chilhowie will win." I saw both teams play against their only common opponent, Marion, and even though they both took care of business, both victories came in different fashions. Marion played exceedingly better football against Chilhowie than they did GW. They took care of the football, limited penalties, and played (for two-and-a-half quarters) like they wanted to win the game. They did not do that against George Wythe. And even though the game stayed close well into the second half against Chilhowie, Marion never felt like a real threat to the Warriors and that they were only in it because they were taking advantage of Chilhowie's mistakes, whereas against GW, Marion looked like a somewhat comparable team that wasn't focused and was allowing things to snowball on them. Not to discredit GW or the stomping they gave Marion last week, but when Marion played Chilhowie, you really felt like Marion was playing out of their league.

GW does have a legitimate chance, but it will require them to capitalize on every mistake Chilhowie makes. Marion's man-coverage in the nickle left big holes for the QB to scramble all night, and I don't think that opportunity will arise against Chilhowie. The vertical passing game is the only way that I see the Roons getting the ball downfield against the Warrior defense, and I didn't see a lot of downfield passing against Marion to be able to comment of GW's ability to do that. The secondary is Chilhowie's only weakness, but even it is fairly solid. Given the way that last year's game ended and the fact that they will be (presumably) playing in Chil-ville, the Warriors are going to be "pissed off for greatness" when this game does get played. I do think the game will be entertaining as all get out, but I see Chilhowie pulling away in the second half.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

That’s a result that should put 1A on notice.  Unlike last year, Chilhowie is a legitimate threat to bring home a state championship this year.

True.  Chilhowie was a vastly improved team against my Canes in week 1 compared to 2017.  They've only gotten better each week this season.  

14 hours ago, SWVAFB said:

CHS has a homecoming game next week with Northwood

So, assuming that the scoreboard roles over to 0 when Chilhowie inevitably hits 100, will they still beat Northwood on the scoreboard?