Giles@Narrows

1_hsfootballfan

Whitlock hurts us. He was stepping up and playing well on both sides of the ball. Giles has played a lot better talent and seen a lot more speed the Narrows. I’m not taking anything away from the Wave just stating my opinion. Ratcliffe ran for 144 yards on Graham in first half before he went out. If he is able to play along with Lyles and Vaught I think Giles wins.

Williams seems to get the most out of his kids. The final score of the Graham/Giles game was a little misleading I thought. They were right there with us the whole game. I'm not knocking Giles in anyway but for them to play as competitive as they do with the athletes they have its remarkable. Williams is a close 2nd to Dixon in my opinion in our area for coaching and getting the most out of his players. Very disciplined and well coached. I'll take Giles in this one.

14 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

Williams seems to get the most out of his kids. The final score of the Graham/Giles game was a little misleading I thought. They were right there with us the whole game. I'm not knocking Giles in anyway but for them to play as competitive as they do with the athletes they have its remarkable. Williams is a close 2nd to Dixon in my opinion in our area for coaching and getting the most out of his players. Very disciplined and well coached. I'll take Giles in this one.

If we were healthy I would too but too many injuries to key players...green wave may be happy this year for first time since 2002

Greenway done a great job taking over at tailback. As well as the other back ups that had to fill in. Giles has a lot of injuries to only be on week 4. This game does worry me simply because of how we played the last time we went to Narrows. We cannot come out playing flat. If Narrows jumps on us early and goes up a few scores, I'm afraid that we do not have the team to come from behind.

5 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Greenway done a great job taking over at tailback. As well as the other back ups that had to fill in. Giles has a lot of injuries to only be on week 4. This game does worry me simply because of how we played the last time we went to Narrows. We cannot come out playing flat. If Narrows jumps on us early and goes up a few scores, I'm afraid that we do not have the team to come from behind.

Only way we win this game is if our OL takes the game over and dominated..greenway did a good job the other night when ratcliffe went out but we have zero passing game with him in there...that's why our OL needs to dominate....but will they is the question

Giles and Narrows both are bad football teams plain and simple. This was the waves best chance to get a win and yet again it's the same ole story different year.

I think what this game came down to was competition...Giles played 2 very good teams but lost to both while narrows played no team with a pulse...and sad thing is narrows very well may finish 9-1 with their schedule

I just hope Giles can pull it together, get some players healthy and get a winning season out of this one...if we have a winning season then imo the coaching staff has done a wonderful job with the way this season has went to this point

51 minutes ago, RCITYHOO said:

This game was won by Williams being the better coach.

This, and Giles being in better shape at games end.  Those 3 yard runs turned into 5 yard runs in the 3rd quarter.  They turned into 10 yarders early in the 4th.  They turned into the big play the last 2 drives.  

Narrows' idea of attacking with the deep ball to the outside didn't work because the line couldn't give them time to get downfield or open and the coverage was too good in most cases anyway being we're lacking that tall leaper that we've had the last couple years with Pruett and Burton.  However, the intermediate throw over the middle was there all night and they never fully attacked it.  One sustained, finished drive would've won this game and they let slide through their grasp.

Still proud of the boys effort though.  They gave it hell.  Looks like the need to get in better shape or the better teams will keep finding ways to knock them off late.

3 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Competition was the difference...Giles isn't good but had been battle tested...narrows had played little league teams...and narrows very well may finish 9-1 with their schedule

Y. Sew darn grump  bird?