Richlands at Blacksburg....

#1BLUESFAN

I don't think it will be close at all. Like others have said, to much Bruin speed. I hope we can keep it close for a while but it will be difficult. I love our Blues but Blacksburg is just to good for us right now.

I will defend them whenever it's needed but this time "It is what it is". I will definitely be pulling for the Blues because you still have to play the game and I LOVE BLUE TORNADO FOOTBALL!

52 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Just run through Union's again. Don't want to risk having to boycott another restaurant. 😁

Band fiasco or unpopular opinions posted on FB live don't matter to me, lol. I'll still eat at the Moose when in Ye Ole Richlands, lol. That is great eats & Richlands doesn't have many great options as far as restaurants. I still have my Nikes too. 

Band fiasco was actually a band management problem, not a football problem.  The football team was finishing their routine and the Richlands Band director should have notified Union's band director when to come on the field.  I don't think there was any rude intention from anyone, just a scheduling problem.  We can have fun back and forth, but if you boycott the Bearded Moose, you loose out on a very good meal and some good fellowship, your lose not mine. LOL 

12 hours ago, BlueRazor said:

I don't think it will be close at all. Like others have said, to much Bruin speed. I hope we can keep it close for a while but it will be difficult. I love our Blues but Blacksburg is just to good for us right now.

I will defend them whenever it's needed but this time "It is what it is". I will definitely be pulling for the Blues because you still have to play the game and I LOVE BLUE TORNADO FOOTBALL!

As far as this game goes,  I am afraid I will have to agree with Razor on this.  I love Tornado football and I also will defend them, and always be there to cheer these boys and coaches on,  but in this game, playing a 4A school with the speed and athletes that they have,  I just don't see this being a game that is within 3 scores.  I sure hope I am wrong and I think this team has a lot of potential but maybe a little short on the speed it may take to keep up with the burg.

This Blues team has a LOT of good young talent and the future looks great and they will have a good chance to make the playoffs this year, but I do worry about this and the Beaver game.  I love the fact that coach Mance and his staff will play anybody and play a tough schedule.  I think it will payoff in the near future.

I hope the boys will prove me very wrong here and I stuggle to even write this because I don't want the team to think we don't have their back,  but I will always be a Tornado through and through.  I just think that in this game,  the speed may be too much to deal with.  

Lord,  please let me be wrong on this !!

I am usually wrong on picking games so I hope this is another one of those times !

Go Blue !

On 9/10/2018 at 10:19 AM, Union_Fan said:

I think my biggest concern for Richlands would be lack of overall team speed. In the past it seemed like there were always a few burners, but I didn't see that against Union. And Blacksburg will have more speed than the Bears. I believe several long plays by Blacksburg will keep the momentum going for the Bruins, and it could snowball if Richlands can't establish a consistent passing game.

Richland defense couldn’t stop a good 8th grade team! Sorry this will be another disaster!!

20 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Richland defense couldn’t stop a good 8th grade team! Sorry this will be another disaster!!

Welcome back from your 6 month hibernation. 

Glad to see you haven’t changed from being an unabashed Richlands hater at all since your last post blasting Richlands basketball in March. 

52 minutes ago, THS6805 said:

Never had the beard moose. Regardless of what happen. I still eat there. 

So you’ve never had the Bearded Moose, yet you still eat there? That makes no sense. 

On 9/10/2018 at 10:19 AM, Union_Fan said:

I think my biggest concern for Richlands would be lack of overall team speed. In the past it seemed like there were always a few burners, but I didn't see that against Union. And Blacksburg will have more speed than the Bears. I believe several long plays by Blacksburg will keep the momentum going for the Bruins, and it could snowball if Richlands can't establish a consistent passing game.

Their passing game is much improved compared to last year. Line gets pushed around a lot it seems from posts by others who've seen them play. 

6 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Their passing game is much improved compared to last year. Line gets pushed around a lot it seems from posts by others who've seen them play. 

Passing is definitely better. Line play was slightly weaker, but the lack of speed is what really stood out. Union averaged around 3.5 ypc if you take out the 3 long TD runs(24, 57, 61), so it wasn't like we were running at will. There were several no gainers and TFL. However, once past the line, our kids were gone and it wasn't close. In years past that wouldn't have happened. 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Passing is definitely better. Line play was slightly weaker, but the lack of speed is what really stood out. Union averaged around 3.5 ypc if you take out the 3 long TD runs(24, 57, 61), so it wasn't like we were running at will. There were several no gainers and TFL. However, once past the line, our kids were gone and it wasn't close. In years past that wouldn't have happened. 

Agree with your analogy, and respect your opinion.  I think the Blues can play with anyone, and the Union game was closer then the score depicts.  Both teams played well, just a couple of plays that speed played a major roll and one INT that went for a TD, but all in all both teams showed they are the cream of the crop in SWVA.  I think the Blues will be better down the stretch, but speed, once again will hurt them in the next three games.  Come playoff time, it could be a different ball game if Union and the Blues meet again.

Hope everyone stays safe during whatever we get from this storm, and enjoy the games.  God Bless those folks in the path of this monster. Our prayers are with you!!!

'Bout what we all thought it would be, throw the ball deep and run under it for the score.  I'm proud of the fact that the blues did not quit and scored 17 on a 4-A school.  To bad we face another tough situation next week and the week after.  Hopefully playing this caliber of talent will make the later part of the season a success.  Proud of the BLUES!!!

I must say I highly commend the Richlands faithful for remaining true to their team, coach and school. Others can be unrealistic at times, too quick to blame everything else for a loss other than the other team is better and we need to keep working to get better.  You all are first class. Never too high about a win or too low about a loss. You are a great example. Good luck the rest of the year.

That's the thing,  They were playing a VERY good 4A school.  The Blues are going to be a good team,  but have some things to work on,  and a lot of people don't realize that they are young too.  They play several sophs anbd freshman and have a very bright future !

Proud of how they never quit and played hard in the 2nd half when it would have been easy to have a let down !  Keep working and playing hard Blues..........it will pay off in the neaer future !

4 hours ago, 50kw said:

I must say I highly commend the Richlands faithful for remaining true to their team, coach and school. Others can be unrealistic at times, too quick to blame everything else for a loss other than the other team is better and we need to keep working to get better.  You all are first class. Never too high about a win or too low about a loss. You are a great example. Good luck the rest of the year.

The thing is that we faithful Blues fans always hopes for the win, but we know how hard it is to win all of them.  We appreciate good football even if it results in a loss, and the only thing most of us expect is for the Blues to show up and play hard, and that's what they have done, and i think they always will.  I for one can not accept someone calling themselves a faithful fan and then getting on some board for discussion and bashing their own team.  As adults we should never bash any player on any team especially our own.  I know some get upset with coaching and the way some games are officiated, but we should rise above the fray and lift up these young men who play this game that we all enjoy watching, no matter which team they play for.

Having said that mouth full, I will say that Blacksburg has a good team, loaded with speed and talent and I hope they continue to do well in the future, just not when they play the BLUES!!!!

The Bluefield game will be much the same I'm afraid...Bluefield line looked bigger than Blacksburg but Blacksburgs linebackers and she's lokked bigger than Bluefields...this is just a off year for the Blues when it comes to speed...But we get thur the next 2 games healthy and we will be fine and ready come playoff time.

12 hours ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

The Bluefield game will be much the same I'm afraid...Bluefield line looked bigger than Blacksburg but Blacksburgs linebackers and she's lokked bigger than Bluefields...this is just a off year for the Blues when it comes to speed...But we get thur the next 2 games healthy and we will be fine and ready come playoff time.

Might be a tad early for playoff time talk. Richlands got a ways to go before any playoff talk commences.