Richlands at Blacksburg....

#1BLUESFAN

6 minutes ago, adsi97 said:

Might be a tad early for playoff time talk. Richlands got a ways to go before any playoff talk commences.

They went 4-6 last year and made the playoffs. It’s not hard to do anymore. 

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

They went 4-6 last year and made the playoffs. It’s not hard to do anymore. 

Which is a bit ridiculous to make playoffs with a losing record for any team, not just Richlands...VHSL found a way to grab even more $$$$ ...it used to mean a lot more to make the playoffs, now dang near every team makes it to regionals around here.

11 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Which is a bit ridiculous to make playoffs with a losing record for any team, not just Richlands...VHSL found a way to grab even more $$$$ ...it used to mean a lot more to make the playoffs, now dang near every team makes it to regionals around here.

I agree,no team with less than a 7-3 record should ever make the playoffs.

14 hours ago, adsi97 said:

Might be a tad early for playoff time talk. Richlands got a ways to go before any playoff talk commences.

Yea I should have worded it a lol different.I know the blues will have a hole to dig themselves out of but once we get past Bluefield I like our chances on the rest of the games.but the blues are gonna have to play good ball those last 5 games are no walk in the park either....I think we can get in with 4 wins I don't like the ideal of a 4 win team getting in.but look at last season we was probably the best 4 win team in the state and could hold our own with just about Everbody in 2a...I feel the same with this years team...the overall record won't show how good they are because that is a tough schedule for any 2a school in va.

I don’t like the new playoff system, but it allows us to see some matchups that you would not normally see under the old format. VH$L is all about the money, and to me it’s ridiculous how much money they make off of football season each year!!!

Richlands plays a very tough schedule, and like mentioned above come playoff time, year in and year out they are one of the top notch teams in 2A. You never can count out a Mance coaches team.

Edited by #BBN
Typo

21 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

What if last year the Blues played Ridge View and Lee instead of Blacksburg and William Byrd ?    

Back step a few years when Richlands was winning most of their games by large margins and everyone was complaining about not playing a tough enough schedule.  Now that they are stepping up and playing 4A and 3A schools the same complainers are saying they shouldn't be in the play offs due to scheduling.  So which way do you want it.  Play a tougher schedule and be in the play offs with a lesser win/lost ratio, or play an easier schedule and be in the play offs undefeated?  I think playing the tougher schedule only improves the team and prepares them for the play offs, after all they gave Union one heck of a game in the play offs last year.

I understand how it looks to have a 4 - 6 team in the playoffs, but you have to look at the overall body of work.  In the college playoff last year, many thought Alabama shouldn't be playing, but I believe, if memory serves me well, the Crimson Tide was the NCAA Champion.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Alabama fan, but it is what it is.  

41 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Back step a few years when Richlands was winning most of their games by large margins and everyone was complaining about not playing a tough enough schedule.  Now that they are stepping up and playing 4A and 3A schools the same complainers are saying they shouldn't be in the play offs due to scheduling.  So which way do you want it.  Play a tougher schedule and be in the play offs with a lesser win/lost ratio, or play an easier schedule and be in the play offs undefeated?  I think playing the tougher schedule only improves the team and prepares them for the play offs, after all they gave Union one heck of a game in the play offs last year.

I understand how it looks to have a 4 - 6 team in the playoffs, but you have to look at the overall body of work.  In the college playoff last year, many thought Alabama shouldn't be playing, but I believe, if memory serves me well, the Crimson Tide was the NCAA Champion.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Alabama fan, but it is what it is.  

This is all over the place. 

10 hours ago, EH31 said:

This is all over the place. 

11 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

We see what playing a less than tough schedule and going for record W/L season got Fred Phillips and his dream team in the basketball playoffs a couple years ago, not much. They weren't battle tested. People cannot say that about Blues football. With their schedule, they will be battle tested by playoff time. 

• 3 weeks later...