Week 4 Game Reschedules

EH31

Brian Woodson @bdtwoodson 

West Virginia football will not be traveling to N.C. State this weekend due to weather issues related to Hurricane Florence. No decision on whether to play the game later in the season has been made.

great state

102.9 The Mater WHAN @thematerwhan

FLORENCE: The 5pm Advisory from the National Hurricane Center shows Hurricane Florence 785 ESE of Cape Fear, North Carolina moving at 17 MPH. Possible rainfall totals in Central Virginia have lessened due to a... https://www.facebook.com/131513949411/posts/10156055316684412/ 

great state

Times News Sports Retweeted

jXGKiQ1M_bigger.jpg Virginia Tech FootballVerified account @VT_Football
Virginia Tech Football Retweeted Virginia Tech Football

Updated with statement from Tech AD Whit Babcock

@VT_Football

BREAKING  ECU informs Tech it will not travel to Blacksburg for Saturday’s game. More details will be provided to fans once finalized. STORY  http://vthoki.es/18FB-ECU  #Hokies

great state

4 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Babcock is taking some heat on social media for the lack of empathy in the statement.  

As well he should.  Pretty tone deaf to be critical of a team when Fayetteville is about to get jackhammered by a major hurricane.  I can’t particularly fault ECU for declining to come when they may well not be able to get back for a week plus.

And then the VT Football program just compounds it.  One, to think that Matthew (a minimal hurricane at that time that was 80 Miles offshore) is comparable to a direct hit from a Category 4 hurricane.  Two, to add gasoline to the already hot flames Babcock created. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/joeovies/status/1039638192381677568

If what I've read is accurate, ECU is planning on going to Florida because they play USF next week.  They can go down there to practice and stay out of dodge from the hurricane.  I don't blame them if that's true.  I wish they still were able to play Saturday but in situations like this it's kind of hard to be too upset.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

And then the VT Football program just compounds it.  One, to think that Matthew (a minimal hurricane at that time that was 80 Miles offshore) is comparable to a direct hit from a Category 4 hurricane.  Two, to add gasoline to the already hot flames Babcock created. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/joeovies/status/1039638192381677568

That was a scheduled tweet that the social media guy had made days ago to be posted and he forgot to take it off the scheduled tweets. He’s since apologized. 

changes since yest. aft. : 

Wed.
Carroll Co. @ Pulaski Co., 6:00 (was Thur)

Reidsville (NC) @ Magna Vista, 6:30 (was 7:00)

Cave Spring @ Alleghany, 7:00 (was Thur)
PH-Roa. @ Albemarle ( PPD to Mon.) 

Thur. - Greenbrier West (WV) @ Webster Co., 7:00

Mon. - PH-Roa. @ Albemarle, 7:00 (was Wed)

=====

ODU @ UNC-Charlotte - THUR, 4:00

ETSU @ VMI - FRI, 2:30

Concord @ UVA-Wise - 1:00 Sat. - FREE ADMISSION!!!
Ohio U. "at" UVA - moved to Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, 4:30 Sat

East Carolina @ Va. Tech - PPD
WVU @ NC St. - PPD

On 9/11/2018 at 5:02 PM, trublue said:

Lane CasadonteVerified account @LaneCtvsports

The #Hokies have cancelled Saturday's home game against @EastCarolina No makeup date announced yet @VT_Football

ESPNradio941 Retweeted

Safety Concerns, Catastrophic Florence Forecast Forces ECU To Cancel Blacksburg Trip.

Full story (http://bit.ly/2x5oNcG ) #ECUAthletics #ECUFootball

great state

That should read ECU cancelled the game with Virginia Tech...

On 9/11/2018 at 7:12 PM, UVAObserver said:

As well he should.  Pretty tone deaf to be critical of a team when Fayetteville is about to get jackhammered by a major hurricane.  I can’t particularly fault ECU for declining to come when they may well not be able to get back for a week plus.

ECU is in Greenville, not Fayetteville.  However, ECU announced their decision before contacting VT to let them know they were cancelling.  Both parties agreed on Monday to wait until Wednesday to make an announcement.  ECU jumped the gun and headed south to Disney World for a few days before prepping for their game @ USF next week.

It's Emory's opponent, Methodist, that's in Fayetteville.

------- more changes ------

N. Stafford @ William Fleming - PPD (prob. CCD - was Thur)

Thur. O-o-S : 
Greenbrier East (WV) @ Bluefield
Hancock Co. (TN) @ Cloudland

======

Norfolk St. @ Liberty - moved to Dec. 1
Ferrum @ Averett - PPD

5 hours ago, trublue said:

A 'tuff' week...

Galax Gazette Sports Retweeted

VarsityVa @VaVarsity

Heading into week 5 of the football season the Phoebus Phantoms have played a total of 1 game because of weather issues and are about to play 3 games in a week.

9/22 - vs Warwick
9/27 - vs Lake Taylor
9/29 - @ Menchville

Haysi did something similar to this once if I'm not mistaken?

30 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

You are correct, though I don't remember the three opponents...

Played a game on a Friday, followed by a Monday night game then the following Friday.

the monday night game i think was against honaker

On 9/21/2018 at 9:37 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

You are correct, though I don't remember the three opponents...

Played a game on a Friday, followed by a Monday night game then the following Friday.

I cant remember the year, but Haysi did host Sullivan North on a Saturday after North played Happy Valley on Thursday I believe it was. Man that was a cold game to do in short sleeves.