Audio Stream for Union - Ridgeview?

Bluefield researcher

4 hours ago, swvafbrespect said:

i thought this game was on tv

No. That was a common misconception. 

Wcyb has a “Game Night” every Friday. That’s essentially their game of the week. So they take Casey, PJ and Dierks out to that game and go live in the 5, 5:30, and 6pm newscasts. They also stay there and do Facebook live from time to time. 

But there is no broadcast. We only broadcasted the Dobyns Bennett/Science Hill game. That was a one time only deal. 

People are thinking Game Night = broadcast on CW and it’s not true. 

1 hour ago, Bearcat Dad said:

I listened to the game on WDIC. Those guys were a hoot!🤣

I had to turn it off. They sounded like real nice guys but all the talking over each other and repeating each other drove me crazy. Also identifying Union players by the uniform number drove me crazy.

1 hour ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I had to turn it off. They sounded like real nice guys but all the talking over each other and repeating each other drove me crazy. Also identifying Union players by the uniform number drove me crazy.

You do have a great point. I mentioned that to my wife while we were listening. I probably should have been a little more specific in my previous post. 

They seemed like a couple of "good ol' boys", but I did have a hard time with keeping up with the Union players because of what you mentioned. 

They're probably fun guys to go have a beer with, but I definitely wouldn't replace our awesome crew at Bearcat Radio with them, either.

I first tried to listen to the U radio broadcast, but they seemed to be having some technical issues. 

Yea I listened on WDIC just like @Bearcat Dad, was a hoot, those two should do a podcast talking about the old days of SWVA Football, they missed a lot of plays but it was funny to listen. 

Wouldn’t trade for Bearcat Radio guys either, I believe they are the class of local radio football coverage (even though I am a cat), they aren’t biased and call it like they see it, I would enjoy and listen if those guys did Richlands games haha