Union at GC

trumpet1988

The T-Formation will forever be my favorite formation. It’s all I knew until Middle School ball until we started building off of it and ran some Power-I. The Chicago Bears lined up in the T a couple weeks ago vs Green Bay and I got extremely excited, like a fan girl. Every formation has its place. I think teams are better off mixing in everything they can mix in. Anything to keep defenses guessing. But there was nothing like the opponent knowing where the ball was going, but still couldn’t stop it. I’ll never forget guys from PV pointing to where the ball was going and we would still rip off 5-6 yards at a time. I hope GC can get back to the days of taking pride in the 3 yards and a cloud of dust days out of the T. At least you all in BSG still have that. The secret to running the T is having a defense that can get off the field and force turnovers. Hard to play catch-up out of, but if you have a good defense, you can eat the opposing teams dreams alive. 

Very deceiving final score. Union could have hung 50 on GC but starting subbing in the 3rd. I agree, good to see a little more of the playbook. Turner had a good game and his receivers helped him some too.  Falin and Garrison both had good games. The freshman backup QB got some good minutes and made a few good throws, especially the ball to Falin on the sideline to pick up a 1st down. Not sure how I feel about the onsides kick attempt late but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures in GC. Good win for the Bears. 

Union's offense seemed really simple. Same plays over and over but GC could not stop them. Score was much closer than the game. I was surprised to see GC throw some T in the play calling. Moved the ball much better than I thought they would on Union's defense until they would eventually stall or turn it over. 

28 minutes ago, GoBearsGo said:

Not sure how I feel about the onsides kick attempt late but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures in GC.

Could it be because they were down and wanted to try and get the ball back?  Who cares how much time was left in the game.

6 hours ago, Hokie101 said:

Could it be because they were down and wanted to try and get the ball back?  Who cares how much time was left in the game.

I think that part is obvious. But when the other team has their subs and  JV team in midway through the 3rd is my problem. All good though, I’m sure they thought they still had a chance. 

I didn't see as much T-formation as I saw triple option plays. Lotta option from GC last night.

GC was overmatched talent wise but the kids played hard all night. I know Akers has been a disaster but it is a credit to him, the assistants and the kids that they played their hardest every minute last night. It did extend the game and make the last four minutes last FOREVER lol but the kids deserve a chance to play as hard as they can til the end. 

does anyone know Turners stat line? He was very good last night. I am curious to his completions and attempts, he didn't put up 400 yards or anything but I'm not sure he missed more than 1-2 passes if any.

24 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I didn't see as much T-formation as I saw triple option plays. Lotta option from GC last night.

GC was overmatched talent wise but the kids played hard all night. I know Akers has been a disaster but it is a credit to him, the assistants and the kids that they played their hardest every minute last night. It did extend the game and make the last four minutes last FOREVER lol but the kids deserve a chance to play as hard as they can til the end. 

does anyone know Turners stat line? He was very good last night. I am curious to his completions and attempts, he didn't put up 400 yards or anything but I'm not sure he missed more than 1-2 passes if any.

7-7  125 yards  2 TDs

25 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

7 of 7 for 124 yards.