Week 5 "Tight Games"

TwhscoachT

The Top Mountain 7 and Southwest District teams seems to playing in games that present lopsided score predictions. Here are some lesser publicized Team in Quality games . 

My personal games of interest

Patrick Henry @ John Battle

Double wing vs Triple Option, this should be Battles game to win, but the score may be closer than some might think. I see this being with 14 points after its all said and done in favor of the Trojans.

Rye Cove Castlewood

Seeing both Rye Cove and Castlewood, I can strongly say that Rye Cove "should" win this one. Castlewood has 2 backs that are big and can run the trenches and a Defense that can STOP the run. However, the Devils do lack in team speed. Rye Cove is a team on the move and will only continue to get better, but their offensive execution needs work. Backs aren't carrying out fakes as they should and blown plays doomed them (some would say the refs, Video shows otherwise😀) vs Thomas Walker. I project a 18-6 by the War Eagles. Expect a closer game if they don't clean up the offense.  

Craig Co. @ Twin Valley

Hard Game for judge for me, Maybe someone can add some analysis. Looks close on paper

Marion @ Grayson Co

Judging off Last years Results and then this years slow starts, this could be another tight game in SWVA

Eastside @ Thomas Walker

The "hommer" in me is showing but I believe this game will be closer than expected if not go the other way. Eastside has proven they are still a top 1a Cumberland team and a playoff team with close games vs Patrick Henry and Lee. However Thomas Walker season has started better than expect. In reality, they are a 4th and 7 away from being 3-0 on the year. My biggest concern for this game is Pass Defense. Against the run, Thomas Walker has proven itself; against the pass, its an unknown. Harlan Ind use the out routes and screens to some success but it did not translate to a win as Walker's bend but don't break approach netted Walker the win.  The keys for this game is the Thomas Walker CB's and LB's ability to diagnosis runs from passes while still having the ability to cover in space. Another Key is how well can Eastside contain the edge vs the speed of Thomas Walker, and if contained can Thomas Walker still get points on the board. 

Add your insight or another Close game that I may have missed

I hope I'm wrong but Grayson will beat Marion by 2TD's if the Canes haven't gotten their act together this week.

Judging off Last years Results and then this years slow starts, this could be another tight game in SWVA

Love this idea! We don’t get a lot of 1A talk on here...I like the “close game” discussion too, especially for under the radar games! Thanks 

I think Patrick Henry should beat JSB in a close one, I have heard the athleticism of PH’s playmakers is impressive for 1A standards, and probably good for 2A...plus according to JB radio, PH has a big line...the question will be if the Rebels can handle the pressure of playing on the road for 2A Battle’s homecoming...

the game will be won on the line of scrimmage with these ground and pound offenses, both defenses will give up big plays - I expect the scoring to be higher than anticipated

Plus Patrick Henry has scored 48 or more in their last 3 contests...

Awesome to finally see a little love for the little guys. Hopefully this will get some more chatter started for Region 1D, there has been some decent football played so far this year.

Have seen Eastside twice (Central and Lee). While they are the power they were last year, they are plagued with mistakes and turnovers. Walker is on a high and could upend the Spartans tonight. Think I'm headed to Ewing.