Grayson County

sixcat

6 minutes ago, ShadyMcGrady said:

Not a big fan of this move. Opens up a can of worms for other schools to move down so they can beat schools that have 200 less students than they do.

How do you come to this conclusion?

Grayson's current enrollment is 455!

19 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

And all I heard last year was, "Grayson is right where they need to be in Region D"...

From what I have been told, VHSL didn't want Grayson to drop to 1D and were originally denied.  Upon appeal, Grayson requested 1C and was approved. 

Not sure why?!?!?

42 minutes ago, sixcat said:

From what I have been told, VHSL didn't want Grayson to drop to 1D and were originally denied.  Upon appeal, Grayson requested 1C and was approved. 

Not sure why?!?!?

I was more so referencing the playoff mess in 2D that allowed Grayson to compete in a SWD spot without playing in the SWD. I think 1C is a great spot for them to be quite honest. 

4 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

I was more so referencing the playoff mess in 2D that allowed Grayson to compete in a SWD spot without playing in the SWD. I think 1C is a great spot for them to be quite honest. 

The whole SWD mess was just that, a mess.  But I believe this was always the desired outcome for Grayson.  Even going back to them flirting with the SWD.

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

Not sure why?!?!?

Wasn't the original decision made by the athletic directors? And the appeal went to the VHSL board. 

2 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

Wasn't the original decision made by the athletic directors? And the appeal went to the VHSL board. 

Not that I’m aware of. Over the summer Grayson and three other schools across the state petitioned VHSL to change classifications for the next cycle. Three were unanimously approved while Grayson was rejected by a vote of 0-22-1.