What would happen?

Tigers_07

if you take one great team in SWVA (past or present) and put them up against another great team from either SWVA, Northeast TN, Eastern KY, Southern WV, Western NC on a Netural site (i.e college stadium). who would pay big $ to see them go at it and who would you think will win the game

My brother lives in the Jonesboro -Johnson City area (sons played for Daniel Boone ),and when he came in for the Beaver - graham game this year, we had a discussion about Greenville.  He told me that Greenville actually plays a class up. He said that they are really a 3A school that moved up to 4A and plays 5 and 6A's schools. 

I asked him if this year's Bluefield team could beat Greenville, and he sat their and pondered for a minute. He said that Greenville would probably win, but it wouldn't be by much. Depth would be a key factor. 

49 minutes ago, rabidbeaver said:

My brother lives in the Jonesboro -Johnson City area (sons played for Daniel Boone ),and when he came in for the Beaver - graham game this year, we had a discussion about Greenville.  He told me that Greenville actually plays a class up. He said that they are really a 3A school that moved up to 4A and plays 5 and 6A's schools. 

I asked him if this year's Bluefield team could beat Greenville, and he sat their and pondered for a minute. He said that Greenville would probably win, but it wouldn't be by much. Depth would be a key factor. 

That’s kind of how I think I would lean. Both teams have speed and multiple D1 players. Depth would be an issue though. It would be a dream matchup though. 

5 hours ago, rabidbeaver said:

Elizabethton is in the same boat being a 3A playing by choice in 4A.  I know in Elizabethton's case it was to avoid playing Alcoa in the playoffs.  Not sure if that's the same reason for Greeneville or not.

1 hour ago, Blue 72 said:

Salem wore the same cleats, just ask some of the Salem players.

Well known fact that no one cares to mention because it doesn't fit their narrative of belittling Richlands in a game that wouldn't have changed had the cleats not been worn.

/endrant 

15 hours ago, Grapeape said:

Greeneville would beat Beaver (& 74 GC) by 40. They are LEGIT. 

Cocaine is a heck of a drug. I have seen Greeneville twice this year, and I am going to see them when they play Elizabethton and Anderson County week 10, (Anderson County has  D1 QB and receivers too and actually lead Greenville till late in the 3rd quarter last year in the playoffs) It is easy to be blown away by what we see in the now and let the historical slide by and I think that what you are guilty of I have watched every game of the 74 GC football team at least twice and no one stopped the Blue Decue even when they put nine in the box. Lend some time to History and find some perspective it might do you good.  

On 9/30/2018 at 4:50 PM, BigWinners said:

I'd like to see 94 or 97 Powell Valley against 2016 Appomattox

I'd favor the Vikes but may be I'm bias lol

I think 97, 98 and 90 would have beaten 2016 Appo. The 94 and 95 teams, I'm not as certain.