What would happen?

Tigers_07

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

94 would crush them. They'd have no answer for TJ, Dorton, Zirkle or McCoy

I like your enthusiasm, but PV didn't even crush their regular schedule. Got beat by Richlands and Lee, barely got by Appy and then Lebanon in the semifinal.

13 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

"Barely got by Appy and Lebanon in the semifinal" doesn't equate to "rolling" in my book. But to each his own lol.

Appalachia won a state title in 94 by a score of 72-7. They were great. 

I have been confusing 94 for 95. I thought Zirkle wasn't on the 95 team but he was.

94 might not have beaten them but 95 would have.

2016 Appomattox vs. 2017 Bluefield would be a very fun match up in my eyes.
2006 Richlands vs. 1992 Richlands in an inter-squad scrimmage would be a great time.

From the hype that Greenville is getting in this thread, throw up them versus 2016 Appomattox for the fun of it, but I feel like it would be a massacre. 

4 minutes ago, CzarYakov said:

From the hype that Greenville is getting in this thread, throw up them versus 2016 Appomattox for the fun of it, but I feel like it would be a massacre. 

CalPreps lets you simulate that one. It had Greenville winning by nearly 4 TD's on a neutral field. 

4 hours ago, CzarYakov said:

2016 Appomattox vs. 2017 Bluefield would be a very fun match up in my eyes.
2006 Richlands vs. 1992 Richlands in an inter-squad scrimmage would be a great time.

Evidently you have not seen Greeneville play, they are the best high school team I have seen in Northeast Tennessee ever. They have everything you want 4 D1 commits and several other small college players on that roster. UVA will love Dorrian Goddard the WR. They play at Sullivan South Friday, they will score 60 on South. 

15 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Appalachia won a state title in 94 by a score of 72-7. They were great. 

I have been confusing 94 for 95. I thought Zirkle wasn't on the 95 team but he was.

94 might not have beaten them but 95 would have.

It was 94.  They blasted Middlesex in the title game.  The week before that, I watched Narrows lose to them at the park 30-6 after rolling through regionals with a combined score of 74-3.  Boys hung tough for a half but got wore down in the 2nd half.  Appy was great that year.

24 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Evidently you have not seen Greeneville play, they are the best high school team I have seen in Northeast Tennessee ever. They have everything you want 4 D1 commits and several other small college players on that roster. UVA will love Dorrian Goddard the WR. They play at Sullivan South Friday, they will score 60 on South. 

They'll score 50 of that in the first half. They may actually get to 60 by halftime. They are otherworldly good.

3 hours ago, SXSW said:

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

They'll score 50 of that in the first half. They may actually get to 60 by halftime. They are otherworldly good.

Hmmmmm... do I forego going to see a close game somewhere on Friday night to go see an excellent team play in a blowout game at a field that is within 2 miles of my girlfriend's house?

2 hours ago, SXSW said:

Agreed on all points.

If we’re going to compare this Greeneville team against all-time teams, on this board, we’re all gonna have to dig deeper. 

I’m talking ‘72 Tn. High and the like. I’m a SWVA guy thru and thru, but being a lifelong Bristolian, I’ve been fortunate enough to actually see so many great players and teams over the decades on BOTH sides of the state line and not just hear about them. In my lifetime, there has never been a team in SWVA, west of Roanoke, that could beat Greeneville this year.

People who haven’t seen Greeneville, just do not understand. 

I watched my son play against the 2016 Appomattox team, in the playoffs. They were definitely one of the top 2A teams of SWVA, of all time. I was super impressed with that team. Greeneville would have wiped the field with, and had a running clock in the 2nd half against that group. No disrespect to the Raiders!

I appreciate the love that hardcore SWVA fans have for their respective schools. Some understand, but others refuse to even try to be unbiased.

This Greeneville team is a once in a lifetime type of special, for the SWVA and NETN area. I highly recommend that, if possible, every high school football fan in SWVA and NETN try to get to a Greeneville game this season.

1 minute ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Agreed on all points.

If we’re going to compare this Greeneville team against all-time teams, on this board, we’re all gonna have to dig deeper. 

I’m talking ‘72 Tn. High and the like. I’m a SWVA guy thru and thru, but being a lifelong Bristolian, I’ve been fortunate enough to actually see so many great players and teams over the decades on BOTH sides of the state line and not just hear about them. In my lifetime, there has never been a team in SWVA, west of Roanoke, that could beat Greeneville this year.

People who haven’t seen Greeneville, just do not understand. 

I watched my son play against the 2016 Appomattox team, in the playoffs. They were definitely one of the top 2A teams of SWVA, of all time. I was super impressed with that team. Greeneville would have wiped the field with, and had a running clock in the 2nd half against that group. No disrespect to the Raiders!

I appreciate the love that hardcore SWVA fans have for their respective schools. Some understand, but others refuse to even try to be unbiased.

This Greeneville team is a once in a lifetime type of special, for the SWVA and NETN area. I highly recommend that, if possible, every high school football fan in SWVA and NETN try to get to a Greeneville game this season.

I am a little to young to have seen the 72 Tennessee high team I was 3, but Greeneville is the best my two hazel eyes have seen in NET.

11 minutes ago, SXSW said:

I am a little to young to have seen the 72 Tennessee high team I was 3, but Greeneville is the best my two hazel eyes have seen in NET.

The 72 Vikings manhandled all local teams. Elizabethton was the closest to being competitive with the Vikings in the regular season.

THS went on to absolutely massacre teams in the playoffs, from areas like Knoxville and Chattanooga, and won what was considered a National Title back then. 

This Greeneville team is that level of special.

10 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

I only saw the Appo team twice, and they were very good, but I dont think last years Union or RE Lee stay within 4 TDs of 98 PV, and they gave Appo all they could handle.

We're referring to 2016 Appo who dominated everyone they played

59 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I'm putting 2016 Appo as 1-2 tds better than any GC, PV, Giles, or Richlands team.. that Appo team was truly special!

I agree.

They were the total package, for around here. That game we played against them has one of my son’s favorite sports memories, for himself. As a sophomore, he scored our only TD of the game, which actually came in the 2nd quarter, against the Appomattox 1s. He appreciated getting to compete against that level of greatness.

Greeneville’s level of greatness is an entirely different level. They are a team that is ranked in their state, up with any of the top teams from Memphis or any other metropolitan area in Tennessee, regardless of level of classification.

Again, no disrespect to the 2016 Appomattox group, but even that team was not going to travel east and whip the likes of Oscar Smith, Phoebus, or Westfield.

28 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

I agree.

They were the total package, for around here. That game we played against them has one of my son’s favorite sports memories, for himself. As a sophomore, he scored our only TD of the game, which actually came in the 2nd quarter, against the Appomattox 1s. He appreciated getting to compete against that level of greatness.

Greeneville’s level of greatness is an entirely different level. They are a team that is ranked in their state, up with any of the top teams from Memphis or any other metropolitan area in Tennessee, regardless of level of classification.

Again, no disrespect to the 2016 Appomattox group, but even that team was not going to travel east and whip the likes of Oscar Smith, Phoebus, or Westfield.

I think that Appo team could take Phoebus the last 3 years. But back around 2010 or so those Phoebus teams were unstoppable! And I agree they wouldn’t have anything for Westfield or Oscar Smith